jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Advertising and numbers fluctuation.

1. Jeromeo profile image60
    Jeromeoposted 8 years ago

Why do the number of hits on my hub keeping changing.  I view the hub hits in the morning and there one number then I view my account later in the day only to find out the numbers have been redistributed?

How to Kiss Good is number one, on google for that topic, and has been so almost since it was posted,  yet the hub has no advertisers save for Amonzon?

I also noticed that, my adsence account was $4.24 for one month, and since then the numbers on my hub have been constantly in flux. and my adsence account only registers less than dollar amounts.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

The stats are a continuously-updated 24-hour period, so it will go up and down accordingly.

I have no idea about the ads - When I look at your how to kiss good hub, I see google ads.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Actually I see a severe drop in adsense click values across the board. I bet you are hit by that, too.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Traffic and CTR up - eCPM down sad

4. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 8 years ago

I still haven't even made a buck with adsense or google.  Haven't the slightest idea how it works.

5. Inspirepub profile image86
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

My CTR is still recovering from the Yieldbuild reset - it's almost back to what it was before, but it has taken a long time to get there.

HubPages used to make me about the same amount each month as one particular Adsense site - now it is making me one tenth what that site makes me.

I agree that the average click price has plummeted on HubPages - mine are averaging about 10c each for this month, whereas last month they averaged about 30c each.

On the Adsense site I mentioned earlier we're averaging over $1 per click.

Maybe HubPages has been "smart priced" by Adsense?

Jenny

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hmm, interesting.  My own personal AdSense earnings rebounded fairly quickly, and are higher than ever.  (It's not a conspiracy, I promise.)

1. Inspirepub profile image86
        Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well, my CTR was over 2.5%, and had taken a while to get there in the first place. It's back to about where it was, and if the prices per click had held up my earnings would have recovered, too.

With regard to Adsense earnings - is it possible advertisers are just bidding lower across the board? Maybe some psychological impact of the financial crisis in the US?

Perhaps some of them have had their mansions foreclosed, lol ...

Jenny

6. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Jenny,

I have it on my other sites, too. May be my advertisers are less resilient than yours smile

7. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I've experienced a drop in revenue too, though I haven't been so sophisticated as to work out why!

Up until the end of July, I'd been telling people how my Adsense earnings from HubPages kept increasing each month (May $25, June, $30, July $35), even though I had only written a couple of Hubs in that time.  Then August was only $16.  September is $20 so far.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I'm the same as Maddie, my earnings have gone up. Only by cents, but they are higher.

9. Jeromeo profile image60
    Jeromeoposted 8 years ago

My sincere thanks to my fellow hubbers.  I deeply appreciated the community support.

10. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

One interesting thing - I've been going through and checking my tags (using the new tag feature).   I'm disappointed at how badly targeted some of the ads are.

Any Hub about relationships seems to get ads about "dating sexy Arabic girls" or something similar. Those Hubs used to attract ads about relationship counselling, marriage guidance, etc.  If there were ads for dating sites, the ads were more about seeking a relationship than looking for a f***, which is how the current ads come across.  The kind of people who read those Hubs are not going to click on these ads!   

I've seen the dating ads on other Hubs, too, but have always assumed they would go away once the Hub had been around for a while.  But today I opened two Hubs, one about writing a good resume and the other on whether to colour your hair - and there they were, right at the top of the Hub!   

Could this have something to do with reduced revenues?

working