removing google ads to make way for HP ads?

1. topquark profile image80
    topquarkposted 5 years ago

I've never earned a single cent using google ads on hubpages. However, I do earn money through the hubpages ad program. Would it be advantageous for me to remove google ads, so that more of the advertising space on my hubs is free for hubpages ads? (Is that how it works?)

If so, HOW do I remove adsense from hubpages? I can't find an option for it on either my adsense or my hubpages account.

Thanks for any advice

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You must have adsense to use HPads.  From this I infer (perhaps wrongly) that you must have adsense enabled on your hubs.

There is a relationship between adsense and HPads - a bidding war if you will - whereby HPads replace adsense if the price is right.  Or at least that is how I understand it. 

I would leave adsense on the hubs as there is no reason to remove it.  It will not result in more HPads and will remove any adsense ads that might produce a click one day.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

The proportion of adsense to hubads only has two settings: all adsense or mostly hubads with a little  adsense. The exact position of each is in the FAQ. It is not currently customizable beyond that.