jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Impressions calculations?

1. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I have checked the 'help' section but it is not quite clear to me. I guess what I need is specific calculations about the ad impressions in my hubs.

(1)Does the amount of traffic I get affect my earnings based on impressions? I know...silly question, but I need to know any way.

(2)Does having a lot of hubs mean I get more impressions so make more money?

(3)Does a longer hub (more words) give me more ads so more impressions?

Maybe I am using the word impressions incorrectly but my understanding of impressions is the amount of ads displayed in my hubs.

Someone please help me understand.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1) absolutely.  Without traffic you will get no impressions. 

2)  No.  Impressions come from readers seeing the ad - no traffic = no impressions.  However, if more hubs means more traffic, then yes.

3)  No.  There are only so many ads that can be put on a hub irregardless of the length of that hub.

Impressions is not just the number of ads displayed, but how many times those ads are displayed to a viewer.  10,000 ads on 10,000 hubs will earn nothing if no one sees them.

1. Cardisa profile image90
        Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Wilderness,

Thank you so much. You should write the help section for HP, you have made it so much clearer.

Summary, the more traffic I get = more impressions=more money....am I right?

2. Rob Winters profile image79
    Rob Wintersposted 5 years ago

That's exactly right.