jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Writing about your own website

1. Paul Scanlon profile image60
    Paul Scanlonposted 5 years ago

Hi all

Over the past few months I have been very busy developing my own website - no, it's not another version of hubpage, but closer to Twitter. My experience doing this, would I think, make a good series of hubs.

The theme of the hubs would be to document some of the thoughts, development and hurdles I have come across - including developing the brand identity (which admittedly is somewhat weak at the moment). This, I think will be of interest to other hubbers. However, the rules seem to be a bit tight on this, I can't even put a link here, as it can be seen as promoting your own site - which, yes it may well do.

Anyway, is it possible to put a link to the site without incurring the wrath of HP, if I am writing about the site, and I own it.

1. .josh. profile image60
      .josh.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wish I could answer this for you, but I'm quite new to Hubpages, and don't want to give you the wrong information. What I can tell you is that I would certainly be interested in reading these hubs, as I'm also in the early stages of developing a website (and I suspect I'm not the only one).

If it does turn out to be prohibited, wouldn't it be possible to simply discuss your experiences without the use of direct links to your site?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, there is. I do it all the time.  All my dance-related Hubs have at least one link to one of my dance websites.  You are allowed two links to any single website in a Hub. 

The only thing you have to watch is if you link to the same website over and over again on a large percentage of your Hubs.  However, it really does have to be a large percentage - as you already have 23 Hubs, you shouldn't have a problem.

2. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

You can put two links to your site in your hub.  Any self-promotion in the forums is against hub-law and will get you snipped big_smile