jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Suggested: WIP Section

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image86
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

Would it be possible to have a section in whcih our followers could see titles - complete with expected timelines- and possible snippets (that we, the authors,could control) of upcoming publishings? I think this would have people coming back in a timely manner and not lose interest in between publishings. (which would ultimately generate more traffic)

For example I am leading a "How to" series and think it would be great if the audience could see that the next installment should be published on such and such date.

Maybe call it a "coming soon" section or "WIP" (work in progess) section.

1. SOE profile image91
      SOEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like this idea and could certainly find some use for it.

R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! Me too! Hopefully HP will think of something to help us out!

2. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Would it work to have this information posted on your Profile page?  Updated regularly to show completion and new works-in-progress, of course.

Or, perhaps you could use the "Status Update" feature on the Home Page for your suggested purpose.  I haven't really seen it used for very much, so far.  I have only used it once myself, and I'm honestly not sure who sees those updates.  But it might be worth some investigating.  Maybe?

R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did think about that ..using my profile as a advertisement for upcoming releases and while that is not at all a bad idea (that I can think of right now) I would just prefer that I can work on a hub and then edit a link that will give a "Soon to be Published" date taht will blast to everyone that follows me.
      Until then, if at all, I am considering adding it to my profile page, but am thinking it wouldn't get seen there very often if for no other reason that peopel generally do not visit actual profile pages, but instead visit actual hubs.
      i am not sure what teh "Status Update" is.. I will head over and check that out now. thanks.

working