jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Why so many hubbers without a profile page?

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I participate in the forums and like to see who is writing and read about their other sites. Many new hubbers are not making any profiles at all.
    I think they should tell something about themselves before being allowed to write any hubs or participate in the forums.
    I feel like there's too many people hiding,IMO

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are the Hubbers you're referring to newish?  Some people like to get a feel for the site before creating a profile, or might have technical questions about how to do so.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image59
      Mrvoodooposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Luckily, for those of us who have no interest in entertaining you, or desire to share with the world what school we went to, how many kids we have, and all of the awe-inspiring feats we've achieved over our lifetime, etc. it is just that: Your opinion.  And long may it stay that way.

Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

oh contraire , Mrvoodo; your "profile" or links are very entertaining...wink

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Profile are not a requirement to write on HP. wink

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

A good profile will please those readers who are interested in learning more about the writer or want to hire the writer. However, I don't think it should be a prerequisite.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  A little information on the writer (if one assumes it to be true) can go a long way to improving the credibility of the writing.  I'm not interested in reading a dissertation on string theory written by a historian that teaches PE in elementary school, for instance.

But it is not, nor should it be, a prerequisite for writing here.  An avatar, maybe, if you want to post on the forums (it helps me, at least, identify who I'm replying to) but not a profile write up.

Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes,uninvited writer and wilderness;that's what I intended..
        I have answered some new hubbers questions or commented on their hubs and they just vanished..along with a few of my hubs. I think it would be  a benefit for the rest of us to know a little bit...no they don't have to give us their life history...LOL