jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Question about using my name as a keyword

1. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 5 years ago

I'm wondering if I should use my first name Dorsi as one of the keywords in all my hubs. Since my subdomain is my first name and my name ranks high on Google (first page) I think this might help my hubs?

Any advice?

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I have done that in the past and recently removed them. To be quite honest, I figured it might help with ranking, but the keyword itself isn't relevant.

I finally accepted that fact and removed them from tags/keywords.

1. Dorsi profile image91
      Dorsiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm. interesting. I figured the writer would be "part" of the article....

3. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

Dorsi, in your case, you might find a benefit from adding your name to the end of one of your titles since your name is searched quite often (I'm showing 49,000 local and 165,000 global)  Whereas livewithrichard or Cagsil has little or no monthly searches.

Try it out on a slow performing hub.  For instance, I noticed this hub of yours: The RCA EZ Small Wonder Camcorder  How about changing the title to Dorsi reviews the RCA EZ Small Wonder Camcorder and see how much of a difference it is in about a month.   But be sure to ping it and submit the RSS for that hub after you change the title.  Bookmark it then ping the bookmark url as well.  Who knows, you have an established brand with the name you might as well benefit from it.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Dorsi probably does have a lot of searchers.  The word refers to a race of warriors in novels by Gordon Dickson.  It is used in reference to back muscles.  Various people with that name turn up on the web.

The question is: Are these the searchers that are interested in your hub?  Providing 1000 readers each month that all stay for 3 seconds (long enough to figure out it isn't about science fiction or muscles) will not endear you to Google.

4. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

You are all looking at broad searches, exact searches for the word 'dorsi' only have 1000 global monthly searches. Broad searches are worthless according to Ryan Kett

Its bad really that the 'Exact' button is so disguised, its on the left-hand column, its in brackets.

Broad searches mean that your page might be listed amongst variations of your keyword and people probably won't click on your page unless it is the exact words they are looking for. I found this out the hard way, thought I was top on Google page 1 for a 60,000 keyword and wondered why I wasn't seeing any traffic.