jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Google Adsense Denied. HubPages referral broken login?

1. builtoncupsoftea profile image61
    builtoncupsofteaposted 5 years ago

Okay so, I tried to sign up for Google Adsense (I can't remember whether I did it through the site or just going on googleadsense web) and it got denied because of Domain Ownership.

The email says to use the route through the website if it's a blog/content type deal, so whenever I click the "Get Started" next to Google AdSense and click "Yes", type in the relevant info, last 5 of the phone number I gave adsense, my postcode, my email - then it gives me an error saying the Username/Password is wrong.

Yet when I log into AdSense (with the same email that I entered in the HubPages "get started" form) I can see all my information, including phone number, postcode, and it's all exactly the same as what I entered. Why isn't it working? :S

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you're using HubPages as your domain when applying for Adsense, you MUST sign up through HubPages. Otherwise you'll get denied, because you don't own HubPages!

However it sounds as though you may already have been accepted, if you can already access your Adsense account.  If that's the case, all you need to do is enter your Adsense ID in the "Earnings" section under "My Account"

Don't allow Google's instructions to confuse you.  Amazon, eBay, Adsense all give instructions on the assumption you're writing your OWN blog or website, and those instructions don't work on HP.

2. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Please get in touch with the Google support group. If you have already been have an account with adsense.
      Have you received a confirmation mail from Google with your publisher Id? If not wait until you get it and then proceed..
      Your question is not too clear though ..

2. 0
    adeaugustusposted 5 years ago

I applied and got accepted within two days, although it was through hubpages so i will advice that you should apply via hubpages and when you are asked if you own a google adsense account before, you should tick yes, or if you want to start a new one, just follow the normal procedure. You can read this hub it will be very useful http://hubpages.com/hub/how-i-got-accepted

3. builtoncupsoftea profile image61

I know I have to do it through HubPages, but I cant.

When log into the AdSense site, I'm met by this: "Welcome to AdSense

Thank you for your continued interest in AdSense.

Please update your account information below and click 'Resubmit' to continue. If your application was not accepted due to issues with your website, please make sure that you have resolved them before resubmitting."

Followed by all of my account details such as site URL and postcode/phone number and a resubmit button.

But when I come to HubPages and enter my adsense email/last5digits of phone number/postcode after clicking the "I already have an adsense account" it says wrong username/password, and exactly the same thing if I try to use my adsense email when clicking "No, I do not have an adsense account"

I'm so confused, why is it saying I have the wrong login details to link my AdSense account even though they're right.

The message on the Adsense page suggests your application WAS denied the first time.  It's telling you to fix the reason you were denied, and try again.

Yes, your information is on there, but they're just remembering it from the time they denied you.

So you do not have an Adsense account and you need to re-apply.

4. 0
    adeaugustusposted 5 years ago

Let of ask you this, have you check your email that you used in registering? Because when i did mine, they sent me a mail, to click on a link to confirm my account, if that doesnt help maybe you should try and contact them.

5. builtoncupsoftea profile image61

I DO have an adsense account, it just hasn't been approved yet, and no I can't reapply, because my name, email and address are already in use on my already-existing account that they keep denying.

I can't resubmit through adsense website because I get denied for domain ownership, I can't apply through the hubpages site because of the reasons listed above.

If you've been "denied" an Adsense account, then you don't have one.

What you have an existing application for an Adsense account, which has been denied.

On the screen where it's asking you to resubmit, is there a field where you can update your domain URL?

1. builtoncupsoftea profile image61
        builtoncupsofteaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is the thin that confuses me, isn't Adsense connected to the Google Account?

Anyway yea, there is a field to update my domain URL, I even tried creating a hub with their "I verify that I have the html rights to this page" thing that Google sends in the email but again I got denied on Domain Ownership. It's basically "stuck" on the Resubmit form, I can't go anywhere else within adsense, and while its like that, whenever I try to apply through hubpages or even webanswers, i get a "wrong username password" for both "Yes" and "No" ("Do you own an Adsense account already?" question)