jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Life's a b**ch, and then you fly!

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

Was supposed to fly out of Orlando yesterday morning for an hour and a half flight.  Arrived at the gate too late because my wife had the departure time wrong. 

We ended up flying north to Baltimore yesterday afternoon and spent the night at a hotel.  This morning we flew from Baltimore to Montego Bay and finally arrived at the resort in Negril.

But after a Red Stripe or 6, I feel better about the experience.  Anyone out there got a small jet for sale?  smile

2. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

My advice? Get a goat. smile

Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm afraid someone would get my goat.  Like they got yours.  roll

1. Cardisa profile image91
        Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have some goats.....what gender do you need?

I prefer mixed Cashmere, Cardisa.  smile

Randy, I'm serious, I can drive down to Montego Bay to deliver your goat.. lol

Welcome to Jamaica and please have some jerk chicken, coconut water and white rum, some local girls... lol

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
              LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Cardisa, how's you job search going?

I thought about what a relative of mine did some years ago when he also wrote articles for an online site talking about the wonders of his hometown.

He took his articles and got in touch with his tourism board and chamber of commerce and got hired to write articles promoting the island.

Maybe this is something you can try.  cool

2. Randy Godwin profile image93

I'm in Negril, Cardisa.  I'm not sure if the airline would allow me to carry a goat back on the plane, even though it would probably fit right in with some of the passengers on the flight back.  LOL! 

Enjoying everything but the local girls here.  For some reason my wife frowns on this particular aspect of your beautiful country.smile

@Luis - I have signed with Elance and Freelancer, I placed some bids but not sure what happening yet. I am still searching. I think your idea is a good one. I think I'll pitch a proposal with or local board  or get some sponsorship to do a website about Jamaica or something.....thanks for the tip! smile

@Randy - sorry, I don't think you can carry the goat.....yes, they would fit right in with some passengers...... lol
                I suppose your wife wouldn't like you enjoying our native girls, have fun, lots of it....did you bring any antacids?....... lol

We lost one bottle of antacid at the airport trying to pass inspection for the last minute carry-on luggage.  Also, a host of other liquids we had planned to take in our checked luggage.  All for naught, as it turned out we missed the flight anyway.

But thanks for the offer of the goats anyhow.  I think I'll have to settle for the curried goat here instead.  smile

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5296582_f248.jpg

Sunset, about an hour ago.

3. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Thought I'd join in 'Lifes a b**ch and then theres Thai-land' smile

I was waiting at my gate for like an hour before the plane showed up roll

An hour?  I wish I had only had to wait an hour yesterday, Richie.  It just seemed wrong somehow to fly a thousand miles away from my intended destination before I could head back towards it.   smile

But now I'm here in Cardisa's homeland trying to work out a goat deal.  lol

4. dutchman1951 profile image58
    dutchman1951posted 5 years ago

brings a whole new meaning to the advertising phrase:
    "Come to the Islands!"

enjoy your time kind sir, wish you both the best

Thanks, DM.  I certainly will give relaxing on the beach my best shot.  I think I can do it.  smile

working