jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is an Author score?

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image85
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

Having served in the military I have a black and white mentality sometimes... I read on a Hub about how to get nominated for the new HubNugget you have to have an author score of such and such (75 I think it said).... But then I looked in the FAQ's and learning center and don't see that anywhere. I do see Hub Score explanation, and Hub Explanation but nothing noting "author score".... so where do I find my author score?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hubscore is the score on each of your hubs.

Authorscore, a.k.a. Hubberscore, is the number on your profile.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Hubpages doesn't disclose exactly what either is based on. But your authorscore is the number right there on your avatar.

4. R.S. Hutchinson profile image85
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

Ok I figured it was the number on the avatar, but I wanted to make certain because I also found an average of all hubs under the account settings which is much lower than the number on the avatar, partly do in fact because I have several unpublished hubs.

5. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 5 years ago

It's more than just the average.  Hubpages won't tell us the formula, but one could guess that factors such as original content, writing quality, keyword effectiveness, number of views, number of comments on your hubs, your participation in the Hubpages community, as well as many others.

And of course it fluctuates daily.  Don't worry about it. smile