jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Just few words

1. abiwagal profile image61
    abiwagalposted 5 years ago

I read somewhere 'hub page' is no longer what it used to be. What about promoting free writing? I mean u dont think money making, just express yourself. The whole concept needs revision. Infact these days hubpages are pathetic, what say?

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Me know no waht u meen. splain 2 mi.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

You sound like a disgruntled ex-hubber, who signed up under a different name, just to make a meaningless statement.

Good for you. roll

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Or he may be merely "gruntled," Ray.  smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes Randy, that is one possibility, just unlikely. tongue

abiwagalposted 5 years ago in reply to this

First thing is that i want to write
          Second, i want to write free   Then, i want to enjoy it
          Finally, i want to share it...  So my point of view was to establish that platform in hubpages. This is not an insult. I also underline the fact that  only i cannot be happy, only me is not supposed to enjoy. I mean you ,who read me is also supposed to enjoy. What say???

3. thooghun profile image86
    thooghunposted 5 years ago

I prefer HP now to 4 years ago, the latest changes address much of what I knew would be a long-term problem.

We knew that sooner of later, much like Squidoo, we'd all take a hit. We did, and not only are we back to where we were pre-panda, I feel we're surpassing it and making significant progress towards protecting high-quality work in the future.

The bottom-line is this. Trash and purely commercial hubs rode the backs of quality writers, and now -- as far as I can tell -- those who took the time to make their articles shine are not only weathering the storm, but flourishing.

Not a single high-quality hubber I have spoken too is pessimistic regarding their current trend, which is a resounding up-and-up.

Enforcing the sub-domain change will be a trying time for Hubpages because of the sheer amount of garbage that will be left to rot. But those who worked-hard, wrote quality content, with passion and information will be no worse for the wear. Ask pretty much anyone who switched to a subdomain early and has finally started to have their work ranked and indexed again.

I expect to see a lot of negative feedback post-august, but ultimately it will be our respective audiences who decide our fate, and not solely the prestige and authority an important website such as Hubpages carries.

abiwagalposted 5 years ago in reply to this

First i'm a new fellow in hubs. When i posted in the forum 6 days back my purpose was to start free thinking and free writing in hubpages.
      By that i mean something purposeful,something inspirational that is contextual above all spontaneous. With due respect to the always worthy articles that are published with months of hard work and research, my purpose is to enjoy writing and write what i enjoy?  What about lending your piece!!!

working