jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Regarding photo

1. shampa sadhya profile image85
    shampa sadhyaposted 5 years ago

Few days ago I wanted help regarding photo upload and how to make its size big. With the help of the help forum I am able to manage it now. Thanks to all who helped me but still a little difficulty is remaining. Your kind help is required.

In two of my hubs I have two photos each. Now, I want to change the place of one of the photos and shift it a relevant side of the hub but I failed as usual. I tried my bit but forced to bother you all as I am not that computer friendly. If possible help me through step by step.

Expecting your help. Thanks in advance.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go to the edit mode...on the right side of your hub you have the reorder button s drag the photo capsule to the desired position and click done edit the alignment will be saved this is the easiest way to do it.
      You can also use the up down buttons of the capsules to reorder it.
      Hope that helps.

1. Krysanthe profile image92
        Krysantheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh wow, I didn't know there was a reorder button.  I've always just used the up/down buttons.  You are always such a plethora of knowlege sofs.  smile

1. sofs profile image88
          sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL .. I  have no pretensions to such things.. lady.. I have just hung around here for sometime.. you will get there too, soon enough smile  lol

2. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

As mentioned you can either drag and drop using the right column, or just push the up and down arrows on the picture module.  The one thing you cannot do n this way is to put a picture to the left of a text capsule.

3. shampa sadhya profile image85
    shampa sadhyaposted 5 years ago

Thanks to all of you who tried to help me out.
    Still, I failed. I couldn't reorder the photo at the desired place. It is really getting difficult to rearrange it while dragging. I spent lot of time in doing so but in vain. If possible kindly help me. Thanks in advance.

1. wheelinallover profile image81
      wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In hub pages there is no way to put a picture on the left side of an article. This is done for a reason. It has to do with the way over fifty percent of the world read web pages.

Pictures on the left detract from the information people are trying to take in from a web address. Search engines also rank pages higher if the pictures are on the right side. Their robots are set to look at each web page a certain way and they expect to find pictures on the right.

The best way to "fix" your problem is make the picture take up the whole area above or below the information that relates. This you can do and it won't be hurt when your hub is searched by the robots.

4. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You need to specific how you are trying to do it as the advice you have been given is correct. There must be something specific to what you are doing or you browser/computer that is the problem.  For example, is the picture going to the new position and are you remembering to save the hub with the picture in the new position.

working