Next/previous buttons not working properly at all.

1. Greg Sage profile image61
    Greg Sageposted 5 years ago

While I'm at it, are these buttons just completely useless?

I've brought this up before and been just told they're fine.

They're not.

They don't work.

Yes, I have carefully stacked my hubs in their group in order.  Yes, I pressed "save"
    Yes, I even reset my browser and cleared cache/history/etc.

No, the order of the previous/next buttons does not match the actual order of the articles.

It's right maybe two thirds of the time.

Is there anything that can be done about this?  I have people repeatedly telling me they missed articles in the series, or one or more have disappeared, and I have to keep explaining to ignore the next/previous links.

I'd be in better spirits about it if I hadn't just spent the last 45 minutes resetting mysteriously broken links... again... and I'm only halfway through the hubs.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just checked this on my hubs it seems to work fine.
      Why don't you a have link to the next hub in the series on each hub, that would save the reader some trouble.
      I used have these broken links showing up earlier as many people left HP.. now since all my hubs have internal links and links to my blogs ..this problem does not occur any more.

2. Greg Sage profile image61
    Greg Sageposted 5 years ago

Sometimes it works fine.  Usually it almost does... but then it misdirects somewhere and just randomly misfires.

I do have links to the beginning and next, but people keep using the buttons because they're there and then telling me they missed things.  It's not hard to see why.  When I'm really paying attention.. like the last week, there hasn't been a single day that they all worked properly..
    ... that's the forward and back buttons.

As for the links, all my links are from my articles to my articles.  Nothing has ever changed, and they're all right here on this site... yet MANY have had to be reset 4 times now.  It's getting to be a real hassle as the numbers get bigger.  I've only been here 4 weeks... so 4 times means that once a week on average, I have to go through every single article and MOST of the links are bad.

My brother called just the other day to tell me once again that I had a bunch of broken links.