jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

I am losing my life to the internet (and sweet revenge)

1. sarahglenister profile image60
    sarahglenisterposted 8 years ago

Hello all,
    I'm new here, I've posted four hubs over the last couple of months (three within this week...sudden urge to get on with my writing!) but I haven't introduced myself.  So hi, my name's Sarah, anybody read my hubs?  Cheers.

So anyway, I'm here to say I can't get myself off of the internet!  Anybody else being suckered in?  Not that I do anything productive.  Well I write.  On Hubpages and various websites of my own making.  But the worst thing I do is stalk.  Please tell me we're all lonely stalkers at heart!  This is a relatively new thing for me.  Stalking that is.  My most recent victim is a sodding attractive man who recently slept with me and left me (grrr!) in the most devious way (argh!).  I've found out the nickname he uses on forums (we all use the same one don't we?  And the same password.  Should really be more careful.  We're all so easy to track down!).  He's a computer games designer and hangs around on a programmers forum swapping tips.  By accessing the forum I can tell when he's online.  Which is always.  All week end.  And suddenly I am pleased he obviously has no life.  Until I realise I'm doing the same thing.

Wow, that's a big post!  May as well have written a hub!  Who wants to make me feel better by sharing your sad and pathetic stories?  Anybody else an online stalker?  I should really go outside...no...I can't...I have a script deadline tomorrow.  I haven't written it.  You fool Sarah!  You fool!

Oh I just read that post over...I need help...!

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

It's all good Sarah. All will come in a due time. When you decide you had enough of the Internet, you get off. Enjoy it while you are here, and don't blame yourself, this is useless and just spoils your experience smile

3. terenceyap07 profile image59
    terenceyap07posted 8 years ago

Hi Sarah,

I've just read your hub entitled "How Naughty are our Noughties". I was so impressed with what I'd read that I am now a member of your fan club, my friend.

4. broalexdotinfo profile image59
    broalexdotinfoposted 8 years ago

You a nice girl, why would that guy leave you ? smile

5. sarahglenister profile image60
    sarahglenisterposted 8 years ago

Haha!  Thanks Alex.  You're right.  I'm a very nice girl.  I'm sure that guy had his reasons.  I've stopped stalking him now.  What I need is a hobby!

1. SweetiePie profile image83
      SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

As you write more hubs you can write about your hobbies.  Nice to meet you here on Hubpages.

6. Shirley Anderson profile image86
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

Hi Sarah, welcome!

The internet grabs hold and sucks you in.  smile  Not to worry, pretty normal stuff....well, except for the stalking maybe, I don't know if that's normal or not.

Haven't had a chance to read your hubs yet, but I will get there.

Enjoy hubbing!