jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Has My Subdomain Switch Failed

1. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

Its been 4 days since I made the subdomain switch. I have not even seen a 10% change in traffic or earnings. Has the change failed for me? Are my Hubs not good enough? Am I analyzing to early?

1. thooghun profile image84
      thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Too early to tell Sid. Bear in mind there will be a plunge before the storm due to the fact that your current hubs will be re-indexed by Google.

As far as I can tell 147 of your hubs have been re-indexed on 317. As the rest are picked up and cached by Google your traffic will continue to climb.

Fear not, this is your lowest point.

sid_candidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate your reply. Is there a average time that it takes? Like 10 days, 2 weeks or so because just about a month since it started and a few hubbers are reporting great results.

It can vary, but you should start seeing results very soon. I'm in the same boat and a week or so after the change all my hubs have been re-indexed and my traffic is not only higher than it was post-panda, but its reaching pre-panda levels.

A month sounds about right IMO, but someone who switched earlier will know better than I would. As far as I know Panda sweeps by every 3-4 weeks for a complete swipe.

sid_candidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Where do I see how many indexed hubs I have for my account?

Google this: "site:http://sidcandid.hubpages.com"

2. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 6 years ago

@Sid - you have about 1/3 of your hubs in the new subdomain - where all of your hubs indexed previously?

My experience, and most of my hubs were quite old, it took about 2 weeks for G to find all the new urls, I got a couple of days of significantly higher traffic (though not at Panda levels) - and now my overall traffic has dropped back to the (abysmal) post Panda levels.

IMHO - you need to make a choice - do the hard work to rank your hubs - or decide that if you have to do that much work you might as well invest the effort in sites you actually own

working