Problems with AdSense Account association and creation (now fixed)

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (62 posts)
  1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 12 years ago

Because of some technical problems with the Google AdSense API, since Thursday evening you can not associate or create a new Google AdSense account through the HubPages Affiliate Settings Page.  If you try, the error you see will say an internal error occurred, which indicates a problem in Google's handling of our request.

We have been working with Google on a fix this since early Friday morning.  The problem appears to have been caused by Google's rollout of a significant change to the way Google Accounts work.  While he hoped for a resolution on Friday, at this point it looks like it won't be fixed until Monday.

If you want to create or associate an AdSense Account through HubPages, you'll simply have to wait until this is fixed.  We do not recommend signing up for a new AdSense account directly with Google unless you have your own site outside of HubPages, as your application will not be approved.

For people with an AdSense account already active, this issue has no effect on the serving of ads or your earnings.

This issue should now be resolved

1. PegCole17 profile image94
      PegCole17posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Paul. I know you'll get this all worked out. Not an issue for me but it's nice to see that you keep us informed.

Peg

2. sarovai profile image74
      sarovaiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank u Paul.This message is very useful for new hubbers. Hope they read this and wait for.

3. ktrapp profile image91
      ktrappposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh - finally an answer. I am new to hubpages and have been searching the web high and low for an answer to this error. Thanks for informing us here. If there is a next time (hopefully not) maybe you can add some info to the error message saying that you are aware of the problem.

4. momo1660 profile image61
      momo1660posted 12 years agoin reply to this

when will this work

5. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, we are still waiting on Google to resolve this issue.  They've told us they expect to have a solution sometime today.

1. Tiger Mom profile image61
        Tiger Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the update Paul.  This post directly affected me.  As a new hubber, I appreciate you reporting the shared issue and the resolution. I'm feeling very supported in my new community.

6. Ashley Gray profile image78
      Ashley Grayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Paul,
      Being new to HubPages, and not knowing better, I went ahead and applied through Google Adsense direclty using my HubPages URL. If they do not approve my application, will this affect my ability to apply through HubPages once it is up and running again?
      Thanks!

Most likely they will not approve it.  When that happens, I'd suggest emailing team@hubpages.com for help.  They should be able to get your old application cleared out of the way, allowing you to apply again through HubPages.

1. Ashley Gray profile image78
          Ashley Grayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perfect! So they emailed me back and said they had partially reviewed my app, and to click on a link to "activate my account." Should I just not activate it so I can go ahead and re-sign up under HubPages? What do you think? Thanks for your help!

7. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF

As of a few minutes ago, the API started working again.  You should be able to associate an account, or signup for a new Google AdSense account  now (if you don't already have one, of course).

1. carlness profile image64
        carlnessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Paul - I tried it out and still got the same message as before.  However, I then logged into my adsense account and it gave me a message saying something like "another site is requesting to use your adsense account" and I approved it for hubpages. 

Still I am not able to see it working on the hubpages side for this.

Thanks,

Carl

Thanks for the report.  Your account is associated correctly now, and I think I've fixed the underlying problem.

Occasionally, we run into an issue where Google gets are request, takes action on their side, but does not send us a proper response.  In those cases, we can't complete the association on our side.   Anyway, we are looking into that, but usually it can be worked around by trying again until it does work.

Cool - It appears to be connected. 

Thank you to everyone that worked to get that fixed!

One maybe stupid question - This will apply to the hubs I already wrote correct?  Meaning I can now earn adsense revenue from them?

8. bornblond8dg profile image60
      bornblond8dgposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So when i did link  my hubpages with adsense account it never actually says accounts are linked and still says congure on account page but it does say active...so i guess i get paid if people click the ads now.

9. Ms Dee profile image85
      Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for how you keep us informed. I see that the AdSense ads that went missing in the center column of hubs has now been restored. Hooray! Thanks for all your efforts!

10. Escobana profile image76
      Escobanaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Paul,

I read through all of these answers.

It seems to be more complicated. Google Adsense confirms it's linked to Hubpages but I keep finding my affiliate settings of Google Adsense in - not set -

I'm new here and when I follow all the steps, things go wrong when entering the 5 digits and the zip code. I get an error message of Google and an email later. The link in there goes to Google Adsense to confirm it's all linked. It seems to be a vicious circle.

I'M SO HOPING THIS HAS TO DO WITH THE SAME PROBLEM YOU DESCRIBE IN YOUR POST. SO PATIENCE IS ALL I NEED?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Escobana, at the end of the post Paul says the issue is now resolved, so I'd say not. It's unlikely you'll get a reply here and you'll need to email the team.

1. Escobana profile image76

Thanks Marisa:-) I will do so.

1. Escobana profile image76

With a little bit of patience and trying the same steps again, IT WORKED THIS TIME! Thanks anyway for your advice. I was just about to write the team:-)

2. tlpoague profile image80
    tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

Thanks Paul for this information!

3. K9keystrokes profile image83
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

Thank you Paul! This should reduce a lot of stress for new Hubbers. Appreciate the information, and wish the HP team the best in getting things back in order for the new peeps. cool

4. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the info - nice to have a place to refer new members with this question!

5. njmanura profile image87
    njmanuraposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the information

6. brandylindsey profile image60
    brandylindseyposted 12 years ago

Thank you so very much for sharing this information. I am having this issue and posted my own question. You answered it right on the nail. Thanks again!

7. GarunaLiu profile image61
    GarunaLiuposted 12 years ago

Thanks!

8. profile image51
    roelioposted 12 years ago

Thanks Paul, It’s very informative. Hope many more people may read your article so they can be informed too. Waiting for more, God bless.

9. momo1660 profile image61
    momo1660posted 12 years ago

Omg!! thanks you so much! this been happing to me and i though it was only me. it was driving me crazy! well i'll just wait. thanks alot!!

10. ershruti304 profile image60
    ershruti304posted 12 years ago

Thanks, but for me error is different it says that I need to wait till my account becomes six months old and after that I am eligible for creating adsenses account.

1. brandylindsey profile image60
      brandylindseyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you look at the page and you already have a google adsense account, you can add it. The only issue is what you read above. It says to wait until your account is six months old for everyone but if you already have an account, you can link it before the six months is up. It's a new hubpage deal.

1. Anamika S profile image68
        Anamika Sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Adsense Account is not getting associated. It says internal error...

11. NyokaKi profile image59
    NyokaKiposted 12 years ago

Thank you!

12. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 12 years ago

I tried to associate my Adsense account for my newly created Hub ID  and was getting the error message telling to wait 6 months.

13. builtoncupsoftea profile image60
    builtoncupsofteaposted 12 years ago

Any update on when it'll be fixed?

14. Phyllis Doyle profile image91
    Phyllis Doyleposted 12 years ago

Thank you so much, Paul.  This is very reassuring, since I have been going batty trying to figure out how to work with this issue through Google.  I should have turned to the Hub Team first...

15. samuelsun16 profile image60
    samuelsun16posted 12 years ago

Hi,
    Thanks Paul,I am new to hub pages and have been searching the web high and low for an answer to this error.
    thanks for this information ....

Thanks Paul - I will stay tuned.

16. rfcamat profile image61
    rfcamatposted 12 years ago

In the mean time, I joined infobarrel. I hope HP will fic this soon because they can lose new writers because of this.

17. Jon Hunt profile image60
    Jon Huntposted 12 years ago

Hi Paul. Just joined HubPages a couple of weeks ago and just started publishing hubs yesterday. Is the problem going to be fixed today, or will I have to wait?

18. futurenetads profile image61
    futurenetadsposted 12 years ago

Thanks Paul

19. Geoffry Vickery profile image60
    Geoffry Vickeryposted 12 years ago

Thanks lol I thought I was being scammed.

20. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

Hi,I know that this is off subject but I am desperate! I can't sign in, everytime that I try it says Hubpages unavailable, and kicks me straight back out to a 404 page! Help!

The strange thing is, now I have signed in this way with my email address, I am actually in! but its my sign in that doesn't work, any ideas? thanks

21. Gillme profile image60
    Gillmeposted 12 years ago

I thought they said you have to be a Hub member 4 like...6 months before getting the account thingie you guise are talking about ? Do u?

22. momo1660 profile image61

i found out how to do it. You got to go to my account on hubpages then You should be able to associate an account, or signup for a new Google AdSense account, but hold on! If you try, the error you see will say an internal error occurred, which indicates a problem in Google's handling of our request. That's OK. Next you go to Google Adsense.com and just active it from there. when you come baack to  hubpages.com it schould say google adsense Actived.

1. qodrn profile image58
      qodrnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How do you activate the thing from Google Adsense?

23. momo1660 profile image61

how do i make sure its working and im making money?

1. qodrn profile image58
      qodrnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can go to adsense once its connected and see your daily totals.  maybe they show up some where on hub as well, I think I saw a place under accounts.  Wish it would hook me up.  Oh well.

24. qodrn profile image58
    qodrnposted 12 years ago

I am new, but the thing won't work for me still.  Very new.  The analytics went through with no problem, though.

25. SDairsoft profile image60
    SDairsoftposted 12 years ago

I tried creating my Adsense account through HubPages but I got a rejection email from Adsense saying I wasn't approved due to Domain Ownership

Is this happening with anyone else or is it just me? I don't know what to do now.

1. ManinaBlueSuit profile image60
      ManinaBlueSuitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That happened when I tried to create the account directly with google. Just email team@hubpages.com  for help. Google will never allow up to set up adsense with hubpages on the google site.

1. SDairsoft profile image60
        SDairsoftposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No but I tried to create the account through HubPages not on the Google site.

26. donsantos profile image61
    donsantosposted 12 years ago

please, paul, i have succesfully associated my adsense account with my hubpages account since last week. But hubpages has not started serving ads on my hubs. Whenever i login to my adsense account i will see no data available. What will i do

27. Carrie Hollister profile image61
    Carrie Hollisterposted 12 years ago

I'm still having problems.  I am having the same issue even with the blogger.
    Frustrating.  But I did email team@hubpages.com so hopefully we will get something accomplished.
    I don't want to write until this gets straightened out.
    If not, who knows?

28. qodrn profile image58
    qodrnposted 12 years ago

emailed hubpages.  waiting, waiting, waiting.

29. Carrie Hollister profile image61
    Carrie Hollisterposted 12 years ago

I received an email from hubpages and it had a link that brought me here!!!  I reattempted to apply gith google adsense and even though I do NOT have an adsenxe account this is the error message I get when I try to reapply:
    A user with the email you specified already exists
    Please select a different Google Account login to access this account.

1. Carrie Hollister profile image61
      Carrie Hollisterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ALSO when I went to reapply it says that that email already exists! sad

Ok.  So I fixed my problem I think!  I hope it works.  I ended up giving a different email address so I was hopefullly able to correct everything.  This confusion with google adsense and having to have one to activate the hubpages ad program may turn many talented writers away because of the headache it can cause.

That DIDN'T WORK!  i applied for my blog and was accepted there and now I CANNOT add adsense to my hubpages.  I wrote to team twice and both times was referred to this hub!  UGH!  Frustrating!  I apologize if i'm annoying.

30. qodrn profile image58
    qodrnposted 12 years ago

I am not an expert, but I think it works easier if you hook up adsense to a site like hubpages first.  They usually won't look at you until you have at least five articles published.  Adsense is also slow.  When you try to add the thing to hubpages, what messages do you get?

When I go to link adsense and type in my email and the last five digits of my phone number and the zip code and click yes that I already have an adsense account it takes me back to the page where it gives you the option to click yes or no for an existing adsense account.

1. jgiecek profile image61
        jgiecekposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Carrie, I was having the same problem.  I was using Internet Explorer (7 and 8) with the same result. After talking to Hub's tech support, I decided to try installing a different browser --- I chose Chrome and was able to authorize with no problem(well Adsense didn't like Chrome for some reason, so had to go back to I/E and click on the link sent to my email again!)

Hopefully this will help others who are having the same issue(I/E can be a strange beast sometimes!!! As can any browsers!!!)

31. qodrn profile image58
    qodrnposted 12 years ago

it usually gave me a message when that happened.  i emailed hubpages and said I was still having a problem.  They replied that all was good and if I still had a problem, talk to google.  So, I went and relinked, and it worked.  I think multiple requests jam up the system and hubpages has to fix that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)