Any advice?

1. mydniterose profile image59
    mydniteroseposted 5 years ago … -and-music

This is my first hub and I'm trying to find out if I'm on the right track. Any advice would be amazing. Thank you

1. jenwat0405 profile image61
      jenwat0405posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have an interesting topic.  I am looking forward to reading about your journey.  The things I noticed, and I am going to be critical, is you do not have a hook, it is not broken down well, and lacks substance.
      Having a hook:  It is important to create a hook that will draw readers in.  I lacked this at first also, but have made sure to include a good hook on each of my hubs since then.  Look at my hubs and you will se what I mean.

I also noticed some of your sentences are a little lengthy.  You might want to go back and look at that.  Your paragraphs are also running together a little.  One fellow hubber showed me how you must have plenty of breaks so your reader will not get bored.
      You could add a little more substance to your hub by explaining how you can make your own veil.  Referring to another location is great, but if I don't want to go there, i will not learn anything. 
      Try adding a little step by step instruction in there for veil making.
      You are on the right track with your subject and all, I would just go back and reread to enhance the presentation of the information.
      I am not an expert but I think I have done failry well on here and I surely have learned alot with the help from other hubbers.
      Good Luck!

1. mydniterose profile image59
        mydniteroseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for the advice. I will go back through all my work and see if these critiques can be appplied to them as well. Thank you