Hello there, fellow Hubbers.
Since I'm new here, and have only published 4 hubs so far, I'm very willing to get bashed from every possible directions with criticism, suggestions and ideas from more experienced Users.
Thank You All in advance, and have a great day.
I looked at the 5 Nuclear Disaster One. Some comments in whatever order they came into my head...
1) Finish this! You said FIVE disaster, but there's only THREE in the hub!
2) Consider using more "sidebars". For example, the 8 levels should be a sidebar TABLE. All the pictures should also be sidebars. It'll be a bit small, but it doesn't break up the flow of the text.
3) You need a short summary at the beginning, like
Common Name of Disaster (YEAR)
Location: city / state / country (link to Google Map)
Level: INES level number
Casualties: direct death, irradiated
Property damage: (est.)
Cause: neglected maintainence, cooling failure, natural disaster, etc.
4) In each of the disaster you should discuss what was the lesson learned from each case.
5) Including an 'environment' picture doesn't add much to the story. I'd skip the photo of the town / city, IMHO.
There's nothing to bash John, don't fret. But there are a few things I'd consider incorporating in your hubs:
1) You can fit text, video and photo capsules to the right of a text capsule, it can lead to a more aesthetically pleasing and compact hub (feel free to check my latest hubs out with that in mind -- I'm not the best hubber out there, but I've been on here long enough to pickup a tip now and then).
2) Your hubs lack keyword optimized, relevant outbound links. Not a necessity obviously, but if could help with SEO.
3) I found that leaving Amazon capsules lumped at the very end led to poor conversion rates. I hate the best results with hanging them to the right of text.
4) I feel you could break up text a little more with some eye candy -- personal opinion, I'm not sure everyone would agree.
All in all, a very nice start. Keep it up!
by Matt4 years ago
Hi allSo I had a lot to say on this hub and it came in at just around 6,000 words. I'm not sure whether it might be worth splitting up into three parts or something to make it a little more accessible? It's just a topic...
by LegendaryN85 years ago
I put this in the "answers" section and it actually should've been posted here.Many of us may be not performing to our fullest potential because we haven't taken a critical eye to each others' content. I...
by northweststarr6 years ago
A common problem for all writers, taking other peoples' suggestions and criticisms gracefully is essential to the process. I personally, welcome any and all advice from my readers that is constructive and true. I find...
by purpleangel477 years ago
I never get any comments on my hubs so I have no idea what people think of their content. My latest is "Run for your life." But I would love to hear criticism on any of them. Thank you!!
by Marie Ryan7 years ago
I have been writing on hubpages for months and I really enjoy it! I love the camaraderie that ther is among hubpage colleaues and I am really interested in developing my writing skills rather than making a fortune...
by Garrett Mickley6 years ago
Today I posted a comment on a hub that confused me. I'm curious if I'm in the wrong here. I was confused by a section of the hub and I said:Why does it say "We sent New York journalist Sam Merrill (whose...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.