jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Question about photo slideshow

1. joawmeens profile image79
    joawmeensposted 6 years ago

So, I pull over five images to use in a slideshow, but I only want one showing, and a link to the other four images.  All of my hubs have the place to click for the slideshow, but it only ever says image 1 of 1, and that's al that shows up.  Any suggestions?

One of the hubs that doesn't work correctly is here, if i haven't explained correctly:

http://joawmeens.hubpages.com/hub/Green … n-Lanterns

Thanks,
    joawmeens

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

The built in slide show function uses picture shown in the hub. To have a slide show where the pictures appear only in the show you will probably need to use some outside code or a widget.

1. joawmeens profile image79
      joawmeensposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So, you have to show all five images on the page, but then the image at the top has a link for a slideshow of all five?  That is a little odd.  Thanks for the quick answer, though.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep, that is how the built in option works. I have always thought it a bit odd too.

2. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes and No. wink

Actually, as long as you have 5 images or more on the page, you can then go the the "settings" option on the right side of the hub(in edit mode) and click on "slideshow".

Once you click on slideshow, you can then make adjustments, as to which pictures show up in the slideshow. However, it requires a minimum of 5 pictures, for the slideshow to be active.

So, if you don't want all the images included in the slideshow, then you can eliminate the images you don't want to show in the slideshow, by making sure that the "checkmark" isn't in the little box next to the image

Again, you must have more than 5 pictures on the hub. If you have 7 pictures, but edit the slideshow, you must leave at least 5 pictures checked to active the slideshow.

working