Facebook for Hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (41 posts)
  1. albc profile image59
    albcposted 12 years ago

Anybody create facebook page for his/her hubs? I created one and want to make friend..

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image72
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good idea

1. albc profile image59
        albcposted 12 years agoin reply to this

let me know if you make one, we can exchange the facebook 'like' (and be sth like facebook friend)

1. Stacie L profile image88
          Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I did...

2. Seth Winter profile image81
      Seth Winterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have a facebook account that I post my new articles on, at first I was getting about 9 people out of my 30 some odd friends who would read the articles but as I posted more, I would only draw traffic from facebook on subjects that they found interesting.

I have had alot more success with Tweeter.

3. Bendo13 profile image75
      Bendo13posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I did that with my nature and outdoor hubs if you want to check it out...

search for "I Need to Go Outside" on Facebook... it has a waterfall in the profile image.

It's a fan page for my WordPress site that links to all my outdoor posts... I think it helps to narrow down your niches like that.

2. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I have created a page for WriteAngled, because I did not want to annoy friends by constantly placing links to articles on my main FB profile.

However, I do not know how we would find each other's pages.

1. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Found you by putting your HP user name into the search box - easy!

2. Stacie L profile image88

my link is on my profile..
      biziladys-writing

1. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Found and liked.

thanks..I tried to "like" you back(that sounds so weird) but my main profile page comes up instead of my page..another weird thing roll

1. WriteAngled profile image74
            WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it is only possible to "like" with a profile, not with a page?

2. albc profile image59

hi writeangled, just check in to your page.. thanks for sharing it here..

2. albc profile image59

hi stacie, i like your page a minute ago (i need 'friend/fan' btw smile

3. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 12 years ago

I haven't, but I've thought about starting one for all my internet writing stuff. Consolidate, etc.

1. albc profile image59

let me know when you have facebook page..

4. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 12 years ago

After the Panda thing, I decided to give it a try to help supplement my lost views.  I'll tell you this, for me, it's made a huge difference. 

The trick is this: Instead of simply sharing the link, write a small blurb about the hub in your notes section on Facebook.  I started just by sharing links and it helped for awhile, until the link disappeared below all the other stuff that's posted.  By writing notes, that helps to keep it in the forefront of things.

Now that we have sub-domains, I'm getting more traffic than ever before.  On many days, a good 1/3rd of that traffic comes from Facebook.

I don't see any fb link on your profile

1. Urbane Chaos profile image91
        Urbane Chaosposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's probably because I didn't put it on my profile. tongue

But, if you want to look, it's at facebook.com/oklahoma.traveler.

2. albc profile image59

urbane c, thanks for sharing, i will visit your page now.. using 'benefits of vitamin c' as my nickname..

i think you use the personal facebook instead of facebook page (so i cannot 'like' you oklahoma traveler page)

1. Urbane Chaos profile image91
        Urbane Chaosposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'll keep an eye out for ya.. big_smile

I had a website that I was going to associate with a Facebook page, but I had issues with it and haven't gotten back to actually doing it.  Once I finish revamping the site then I plan on creating a Facebook page for it.  Now if only I could create an extra 10 hours in a day, I'd be fine.

1. albc profile image59

thanks..

5. crazybeanrider profile image86
    crazybeanriderposted 12 years ago

I thought of creating a Facebook page but can hardly keep up with Twitter and Facebook seems so complicated with all the apps it has. It would be a good avenue for a writer to have though. Everybody I know has a Facebook, I just didn't want to put the time and effort into keeping track of it.

6. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I created a dedicated page for Cagsil, completely based on America and it's political, social issues. wink

7. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

I just created a facebook Just for hubpages...
    Kmackey Hubpages

1. Eve Foss profile image71
      Eve Fossposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is a great idea! I think I will create one this afternoon and see who I can find to Friend!

2. albc profile image59

hi kmackey, 'like' me at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Benefits- … 8683979794 so we can be facebook friend.. tq

1. kmackey32 profile image64
        kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

done..smile

8. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 12 years ago

I’ve just created a Facebook page for my writing. (The link is on my profile.) I’ve been on Facebook for a while but until now I haven’t learned how to use it properly or how to use it to its full potential. I’m discovering that it’s fun.

1. albc profile image59

found you aliciac, hope you 'like' my page too..

9. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago
  10. kev8 profile image60
    kev8posted 12 years ago

Great idea, will do that and add here!This might help
    http://blog.dingadeal.com/social-media/ … -facebook/

11. thejeffriestube profile image59
    thejeffriestubeposted 12 years ago

Alright, I'm going to give this a go too, since I think it's a cool idea. If you want to add me, just search for "thejeffriestube Hubpages"

I'll be working on it this evening and posting my stuff.

1. albc profile image59

i found you, only if you have a 'facebook page' then i can 'like' or make friend..

2. AliciaC profile image93
      AliciaCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for “liking” my Facebook Page and my latest post, thejeffriestube - I appreciate both the likes. Unfortunately I can’t “like” you back because you don’t have a Facebook Page set up. I can only add you as a friend when I'm using my personal Facebook profile, which I’d rather not publicize.

12. K Kiss profile image58
    K Kissposted 12 years ago

I already created one a few weeks ago but didn't spend any time organizing it other than post the links to my hubs...
    Just type in K Kiss and it should be there

1. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Found you and did the 'like' thing!

and also thejeffriestube

2. albc profile image59

hi k, kiss, i found K Kiss and 'like' it, feel free to like my page..

13. thejeffriestube profile image59
    thejeffriestubeposted 12 years ago

Awesome, found you, just looking for some more likes or adds.

14. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 12 years ago

Facebook remains a mystery in terms of promotional value smile

15. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I liked or friend requested all of you that posted a link or were easy to find
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002233320297

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)