jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What has happenned to Hub Hopping?

1. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

I tried to hop this morning and it would not work, so I left it. Returning tonight It appears to have gone! There is a button asking me to claim my subdomain ( which I have done thank you very much) but no hopping button. HELP!!! I am totally bereft this hub hopping is the only exercise I get! Can anyone find it for me?

1. Danette Watt profile image87
      Danette Wattposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i too noticed a 'claim your subdomain' warning icon on my page and thought it was odd since I had done that already but thought it was a glitch or something so I did it again. Hope that didn't leave me open to hacking or something. And oddly, the icon was right back again even after I "claimed" my subdomain the second time.

2. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can still access the hopper here, the link on my account just went away temporarily.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

All I got in reply was spam! I think I shall go and do some knitting now I can't hop!

1. Lisa HW profile image84
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmm.  I know that since we've been stuck with that new feed on our signed-in/home page (and that forces a bunch of Hubs on us, whether we want to see them or not), I've been flagging and voting down left and right.  Maybe HP knows that if it forces stuff on people that's going to aggravate them, they'll be that much more in the mood to flag and vote down stuff they REALLY find low quality and aggravating.   hmm  (I haven't hopped since that switch to the new home page.  I liked the old way, where we'd see only Hubs written by people we follow (but that meant hopping would be a separate activity, because I only follow "a certain type" of Hubbers (namely, the ones who generally write decent quality stuff) .

Correction to above:  Turns out I finally got rid of the unwanted Hubs on my page.  smile  Clears my page (and consequently, head) so I can go looking for what I wanted to find my own way.