Why do people go off topic?

1. Monisajda profile image83
    Monisajdaposted 5 years ago

Very often I see an interesting topic on the forums but when I try to reply I see many previous posts that are gone off topic. It seems as if some decide to make it a chat room and go personal instead of answering the original question. It annoys me because while I am interested in posted topic I care nothing about your personal details.
    Some of the questions are sincere and I believe the poster was looking for some answers but then it becomes a sort of a game between most prolific posters who just spin it off and make it a joke. It makes me not want to even bother to reply because it seems redundant.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

It's the nature of these kind of forums. I often simply skip reading the posts and respond to the original post. Very often people just want to interject regardless of their post having any value to the OP.

Sticking to the topic is one of the forum guidelines.. and respect.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

" It makes me not want to even bother to reply because it seems redundant." Only reply to the
    serious persons and let others have their say.
    I respond to the first or the last post, as I don't have time to follow all the trivia.