jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

No more 'New comments' email notifications

1. WillStarr profile image87
    WillStarrposted 5 years ago

With absolutely no input from me, email notifications of new comments on my Hubs suddenly stopped. I am also told that many of my followers are no longer being notified when I publish a new Hub.

HubPages answered my question about this by telling me to 'check the second box'. What second box? Could they possibly be more vague? They also said:

"..make sure that the comments settings under your My Profile page and Email Settings tab are set to �As Configured in Capsule.�

There is no �As Configured in Capsule.� in my profile/email settings. In fact, there's no reference to comments on my own Hubs in my email settings at all.

Any suggestions?

1. Gillme profile image62
      Gillmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nope. But a question 4 u. How do people notice your hubs? How do u know they do? For exampe... how would u know hat i have some hubs? I just joined like 2 or 3 days ago.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image87
        Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When you are followed by a person they receive a daily email showing all the hubs that have been published by the people that they are following.

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Will,

Click on "my profile".

Then you will need to click on edit. Once you enter in edit mode for your profile, you can click on a box that is on the left side of your profile and set your email notifications.

Edit: Your followers will only receive a daily account of hubs you publish, if that is the setting you choose to use. You can also select other settings while you are there. Read through the options you have available.

1. WillStarr profile image87
      WillStarrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Cagsil,

I did all that, but once I'm in email settings, there's nothing in there about New Comments notifications on my own Hubs.

It's all about notifications on Hubs I am following by other Hubbers, notifications on questions like this one, and new Hubbers who are following me.

And there is nothing about "As Configured in Capsule", nor any 'second box' that has to do with New Comment notifications.

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Will,

Apparently, HP has changed the email settings for receiving "new" comments on member's hubs.

In the past, it was a simple click(check marked box) under email settings, to receive emails about new comments.

However, it appears as if HP has changed that and you must follow your hubs, in order to get emails about "new" comments.

Them changing that, was completely and utterly stupid and apparently something that wasn't told to the members. At least I don't remember seeing them saying anything about it.

3. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I think it's a glitch.

I only get half my comments by emails or none at all. I checked my email this morning and there was nothing from HP but when I logged in there were five comments awaiting me.

4. WillStarr profile image87
    WillStarrposted 5 years ago

Hi Cardisa

Then it's not just me!

I too check my profile for comments, and there they are, but that's not how it's supposed to work. In addition, I've had several people complain that had they not checked my HubPage, they would never have known that I had published a new Hub since there were no email notifications.

My page views are way down.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image87
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When was the last time you published a new hub? In my notifications from yesterday there is nothing from you. But I just checked and I did read your latest hub "There Goes Our Credit Rating" and hit the buttons for it, just did not comment on it.

2. Cardisa profile image92
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@Will, a few days the other day there were no daily  notifications but they are now back, but not all the hubbers I follow new hubs are listed, so what I do is check their profile page to make sure. I also surf the feed to make sure I get a heads up on new hubs as they are published.

working