jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Quantcast data

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

There were reports in the forums about subdomain data being visible.  We had set our quantcast account to keep subdomain hidden for public consumption, but a bug on their end exposed it.  To remedy the situation we reached out the QC, and temporarily hid all QC data while it was fixed.

Today it was fixed.  Subdomain data is private, but you can see information for the overall HubPages acct.

Hidden https://www.quantcast.com/pauledmondson.hubpages.com
    public https://www.quantcast.com/hubpages.com

1. The Engineer profile image60
      The Engineerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1. 61
        homefellas87posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Quantcast examined the affinities* of online banking customers to understand where else they go on the Web. This unique capability helps advertisers extend their reach beyond the largest, least-differentiated sites to “long tail” websites that are harder to identify, but richer in the target audiences.

2. Andrew0208 profile image61
      Andrew0208posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Beautiful...Just checked mine, and all the data categories are hidden. Thanks Paul

2. K9keystrokes profile image93
    K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago

Nicely handled Paul. Thank you.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

Excellent work at fixing a problem and I appreciate it!

4. carpesomediem profile image60
    carpesomediemposted 5 years ago

I knew all the naysayers were just causing a ruckus!  Thanks for letting us know, Paul!

5. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

Thanks, Paul.  I like statistics and find it interesting to get a rough view of how HP is doing on sites like Quantcast from time to time.  I appreciate the openess of HP.

6. travelespresso profile image82
    travelespressoposted 5 years ago

Thanks for that Paul.  I can't see the data on the link under your name but the graph on the Hubpages account works fine.

I'm a little unclear about what you are you saying here.  Are you saying that the data shown on the other forum topic was incorrect due to the glitch? 

Appreciate your response.

1. basaltbezel profile image73
      basaltbezelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Privacy concerns were raised because stats for individual users (via subdomains) could be accessed by anyone and everyone, instead of just seeing stats for the site as a whole.

This has been fixed so it's no longer an option to view individual account traffic.

7. 0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

Thank you paul. It works fine.

8. Cheeky Girl profile image85
    Cheeky Girlposted 5 years ago

Smoothly done, Sir! Thank you!