jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

rel=author tag is pointless without reciprocal links

1. basaltbezel profile image75
    basaltbezelposted 5 years ago

Hubpages seemed so proud to introduce the rel=author tag before Google announced it. But is it actually any USE to us?

From what I've read, the tag needs to point both ways - so if, for instance, we link our Google plus profile to our Hubpages profile, isn't it worthless unless we can then point our Hubpages profile BACK to Google Plus?

Right now the tag is simply saying we're an author here - there's no way to tie it to any other work we do online.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

http://www.google.com/support/webmaster … er=1229920

You don't need Google Plus - just a Google Profile - to create reciprocal links

basaltbezelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Google Plus was an example. Is there anywhere to link from your Hubpages account to a Google profile? I've yet to see it.

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

We are working on some enhancements to the Profile page that will allow this. However, that will likely not be done until September at the earliest.

basaltbezelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you're right.  It looks like we'll just have to be patient until HP enables it. 

I must say, I  was wondering about putting a simple link to my Google profile on my HP profile.  However if I understand it right, that's not enough.  We have to use the "rel" tag.

I have to confess, I've been trying to work out how to do it on my own blogs, and I can't fathom it at all.

working