jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

affiliate marketing links

1. John Kenney profile image81
    John Kenneyposted 5 years ago

i'm interested to publish a new hub and i'm trying to figure out if i can put an affiliate link into the body of the content.

i see where you can't have more than 2 links to same domain, etc., but i am unclear if you can post links generated off Linkshare, Commission Junction or similar marketing programs. i'm not talking about the Amazon or eBay programs.

anyone know what the exact policy is on this?

thank you.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Affiliate link are allowed unless they are from prohibited sites. Generally this means you can use an affiliate link straight from the vendor, but not through something like clickbank.

John Kenneyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

great. thank you.

is there a list of prohibited sites somewhere?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image84
        Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There isn't a list posted anywhere, since we're constantly editing it, but there are a few common reasons why a site may be prohibited. A prohibited site may contain pop-ups that interfere with site navigation, redirect users to unwanted websites, contain eBook sales pages, lead capture forms. Additionally, affiliate or promotional websites in subject areas containing a high proportion of low quality, dubious, or promotional content (for example, forex, acai berry, and weight loss) are not permitted.

Hope this helps!

hmm, ok, thank you.

so how do you find out whether something is okay or not? sounds like you have to publish the hub and see if it gets kicked back, is that it? if so, then you edit out the offending link.

is there some sort of penalty for posting what might prove to be an offending link?

thanks for your help.

...and just to be clear, my proposed links wouldn't qualify on any of your points, but it sounds like that is not a complete list.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image84
              Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you're unsure, you can always email us beforehand to check.

done. thank you.

working