jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

So, I posted my first 2 hubs in 3 days

1. LucellaDenny profile image61
    LucellaDennyposted 5 years ago

I think I've got the right idea, but who knows??? 

My hubscore is at 14 and has been all day, am I doing something wrong?  I'm also wondering about my hubs, are they up to par?  The first one is about whaling and the second about jealousy, two very different topics, but that's just me.  I like to write about what inspires me to write, and am loving the idea that we can do that here.

So, can anyone give me some constructive criticism on my profile and tell me why it might be at a 14? Or check out my first two hubs and give me honest feedback? 

Thank you so much!

http://lucelladenny.hubpages.com

Lucy

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I found your hub about whaling to be flawless! A little over linking I would recommend only four links but besides that absolutely perfect and amazing too! Hub scores have been around since the beginning yours will rise as you publish more hubs, just don't concern your self with that number in the right hand corner of your pic.

Write what you wish to write about and the rest will come. Welcome to HubPages and I hope to see you around more. smile

LucellaDennyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you AEvans, I'm not certain what you mean by only four links... meaning in the article only linking to 4 sources?   I didn't want to plagiarize anything so thought it appropriate to link to my sources.  If it's too much then perhaps I can find another way to cite my sources.

1. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes only linking four sources. You could cite them possibly by saying something like: If you would like more information please visit these websites at ....... Just an idea. smile People tend to leave the hub and move to the site you linked before completely reading what you wrote. Once you work with Analytics and it begins to track how long your people stay on your hubs, you will shorten the links. Just one of my own lessons learned. smile

LucellaDennyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Awesome and thanks so much for the valuable insight! 

It came across my mind while linking, because I know that I do that as well, but I didn't know what to do about it except hope that people continued to read.  ahhhhh, naivety.  This is something I will definitely work on, thanks again!

working