jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

Traffiic from HP after the Subdomain switch.

1. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

When every one has switched to their subdomain, how ill traffic from each subdomain to your hub rank you hub?

I don't know if I explained it well. As I understand it. Switching to a sub-domain simply means that HP is just out host but our account belongs to us. When another hubber visit our hub it's like gettin gtraffic from another site. How will that affect our hubscores? Will those visit be counted as unique visits?

1. 0
      Suramya.Kposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about internal HubPages scoring system and how unique traffic affects our hubscores (I know they do affect but don't know how).
      But if you see your Google Analytics stats, they will be counted as referral link and all are unique traffic - not from HubPages.
      Hope this helped!

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

I've done it already, and I haven't seen any change in the way  my hub scores  go up or down.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My hub score has remained almost same but hub traffic has increased a lot.
      Jyoti Kothari

2. Ms Dee profile image87
      Ms Deeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My hub score has remained about the same with quite an increase in traffic, too. I do not think traffic is reflected my in one's hubscore.

3. Alex Simring profile image74
    Alex Simringposted 5 years ago

It won't affect your hubscore, but will imprI've traffic to your hub

4. truthfornow profile image80
    truthfornowposted 5 years ago

My traffic went up.  It took a little bit to adjust, but I think the subdomain is an improvement.

5. starme77 profile image85
    starme77posted 5 years ago

Change takes time is all I can say ... like when you first start out it takes for ever (or it seems) to start seeing more than a penny or so here and there .... but.... with time and persistance it works out great,,, without the time, dedication , persistance (and your own website helps too) you will not see much ... ever... hubpages gives you a platform .. its up to you to use it

6. 0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

I am getting better traffic after subdomain change.

7. K9keystrokes profile image92
    K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago

I am seeing increased traffic for sure. I think this is a great change for HubPages! cool

8. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Hi all!

I do think the traffic from HP sources are being counted as unique. I have been viewing the stats and realize that HP is telling me exactly who reads my hubs from the links that were sent out or from the related hubs or from the links other hubbers place in their hubs. I also know how many reads I get through my profile page.

I am thinking that the Hubscore (not the author score) is affected by this by the speed with which the individual hub's score rises.

9. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 5 years ago

Traffic from Hubpages is reduced substantially since few days. However, traffic from other sources is increased. This is a good sign.
    Jyoti Kothari

10. rancidTaste profile image57
    rancidTasteposted 5 years ago

not only traffic is fall the Google AdSense income is also decrease...

I am affected also.....

thanking you....

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What has happened since the switch is that our hubs are re-indexed in the search engines and it will take a while ti build up again. For about a month my traffic suffered but for the past two weeks or so I have seen a vast improvement. One of the things that really helps is the summary....please do a summary for as many of your hubs as possible. If you do you will definitely see the difference with those hubs.

11. sachinbille profile image61
    sachinbilleposted 5 years ago

My one hub was having preety cool page rank previously but it was going down slowly.....but after two days of changing to subdomain my SERP for that hub was improved too much and I was at #3 in leading search engines with the same backlinks :-)
    subdomain helping me alot!!!