jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What % of each Day spent promoting

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I'm starting to feel exhausted lately promoting my work here and other places that I write. I'm realizing that I'm spending a lot more time promoting on twitter, facebook,blogging,other sites..It's beginning to feel like a full time jobs.I don't know if I'm wasting my time or not..maybe let people find my work on their own?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

0.000001%, or less.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I'm one who doesn't use Facebook, Twitter or all that.  None of my day is spent on promotion.  I spend part of the day developing new content (I write for several sites) but really the majority of my day is spent on tasks that relate to my off-line life.  And I make my living from my writing.  Next week, I'm going camping, and my sites will just take care of themselves and keep earning while I'm gone.

1. kmackey32 profile image81
      kmackey32posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thats Awesome.... One day I hope I will be at this point....

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

yeah Relache,you're right..the work should speak for itself and work for you.
    i am going to write more and work on my  key word research

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

I wish I did.. I never get around to promoting.. just hate it smile

5. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I spend approximately 3 hours of my day promoting, which I am sure isn't enough, but at this present point in time, it is all that I do.

What percentage? Don't know, never bothered to look at it, because my time online for business purposes versus personal reasons, varies from day to day. wink

6. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I don't even have time to write sad

I would love a residual income so I can stop working day and night, often seven days a week. However, working day and night means I have no time to create a structure that will give me a residual income.