Lost Google AdSense, So Lost HubPages Ad Program Too???

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Sylvia's Thoughts profile image81
    Sylvia's Thoughtsposted 12 years ago

So, the HubPages Ad Program is based on having Google AdSense? Well, I'm one of the thousands who lost their AdSense account without much explanation, so now I can no longer make any money on HubPages? I can no longer benefit from Amazon because I live in California and they cancelled our affiliate status, thanks to our governor. So, now I would just be writing on HubPages for fun. Well, I guess the hub I'm currently working on may be my final one.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear that Sylvia. Did you have a high click through rate?Have you tried appealing to Adsense?  If it was me I'd be moving Hell or high water to try and get that account back. I'm assuming you didn't click on your own ads.
      I think the only other way to monetise hubs is through eBay but you need to have your own site to get approval into the eBay program.

Sylvia's Thoughtsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Izzy. Yes, I appealed. it was denied. I'm pretty new to AdSense and only had 4 click! Only received their generic message without much explanation. They're suspending people right and left. It's all over the internet.  With AdSense, if you do something wrong, you're cancelled. You may not even be aware that your're doing anything wrong. No warnings. I've switched my other sites to AdSense alternatives and they're working quite well. Doesn't help me with HubPages though.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So what did they say you did wrong?

'suspicious activity' that posed a threat to the advertiser! LOL I had around 600 page views and 4 clicks! And that was over a 2-3 month span!!! Never are you given any specifics. Yep, I'm a threat. Better call Homeland Security!

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
              Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Were all 4 of the clicks made on the same hub?  If the clicks came from the same IP address it would appear suspicious.

No.. I had AdSense on other site other that HubPages.

My point is that it seems that the world now revolves around Google. It's too bad. No one should have that much power. They give us little to no recourse. All I can say is be careful.

2. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I started noticing yesterday that no hubber has the usual AdSense ads in the middle column. Is this, though, unrelated?

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What a pain, and it's also frightening that it can happen so easily.  I can't see any way they would cancel your account for 4 clicks - the only thing I can think is that someone else abused your account in some way.   

You're right, it's pointless to write any more on HubPages.  Start your own blog and join some affiliate networks like ShareASale, Linkshare, Affiliate Future etc.  I wrote a Hub on how to monetize Blogger which is relevant - but you can use any blogging platform.

Once you've got your blog started and have some decent content, you can apply to eBay too.

I don't even use Adsense or Amazon on most of my blogs and they're more profitable than HubPages for me now.

I have four blogs already and they are now re-monetized with other networks because they were with AdSense as well. Alternative sites are rapidly expanding because of the AdSense issue. They are easier to use and some even pay better. It's just that I really, really like Hub Pages and have made a lot of friends. My score has dropped 4 points in the past two days since the AdSense issue.

1. jacharless profile image73
          jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sylvia,
          If you want the best performing monetizing options, feel free to email me. As of today I have 300 qualified clicks and over 40k impressions. You can still keep your articles here, else move them to a new location and earn from EPC, EPI and EPS. No more splitting, sharing, etc. Straight up 100% for every Lead, Product and some cases Impressions.

smile
          James.

Thanks jacharless!

2. Sylvia's Thoughts profile image81

WOW! I'm now down to an 89!!! So, what, our score is based on AdSense...NOT "quality"???? Because my hubs sure haven't changed....

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

No, your score isn't based on Adsense.

Here's the basis of your score:

http://darkside.hubpages.com/hub/hubberscore

I beg to differ. That site list 'some' of the things that can affect your score. It is not a definitive list.  Remember, HP has a relationship with Google.  It's fine though. I'm much better off without AdSense. Found a much better source, and one that doesn't take 60% like Google.

Not really.  HP has an Adsense account, just like you and me.  If they had a relationship with Google, Google wouldn't have crucified them in the Panda update, and Google would also have helped them recover.   Whereas the owner of HubPages had to go on a public forum to get help from Google, just like any of us would.

Whatever. It's moot now.

2. jacharless profile image73
                  jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Google Relationship with Hub Pages is touch-n-go. One of the problems they faced back in the day was 'favoritism' of certain (publishing) sites and advertisers. Naturally, they do not want a public backlash.

The core of it, HubPages was the pilot program for Revenue Sharing. The main reason, I believe, was because of Paul's excellent Yield Build program coupled with the potential for Google to make a bundle off of ads thru HP and remain the top tier server. But, yes, they do have a strong relationship with Google DoubleClick program, else Hubbers would not need an AdSense pub # to participate in the Hub Ad program.

If HP is still serving Ads via Widgetbox (now an amazing 'cloud ad' brand called Flite ), they have better options and a means to offer more to Hubbers, IMO.
                  Flite is available to publishers, as an alternative for non-AdSense affiliates! I am guessing, but not sure, if HP is possibly sharing 60/40 on Flite Ads in the HubAd Program. If yes, this would be very nice. If no, then a terrible injustice is happening.

Sidebar: AdSense/DoubleClick is facing stiff competition with companies like Flite, and a few others, offering better shell programming, platforms and service options. My guess is when Microsoft Pub Center relaunches, a lot of people are going to jump on it and drop AdSense. 

smile
                  James.

Thanks a million for you explanation.  I really hate it when someone tells me I don't know what I'm talking about! LOL

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

James, Hubbes need an Adsense pub # because Adsense ads are still displayed a part of the HubPages Ad program, that's all.

You are explaining HP's commercial relationship with Google but I see nothing in your explanation which suggests that relationship is in any way "special" or "close".  It's just another client.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
                psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The score is clearly based on what you do, or don't do, right here on Hubpages.  It is fully automated and so can hardly be based on offsite information or some kind of conspiracy.

Nor do I see an evidence Hubpages has a special relationship with Adsense.  Or if they do they are the website equivalent of an abused spouse, getting no favors and a lot of harassment.

exactly!

2. RNMSN profile image61
        RNMSNposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Marisa, can I use affiliate future on blogging.com?

2. sofs profile image75
    sofsposted 12 years ago

Sylvia why don't you post this problem on the Google support site.. you will have your problem addressed faster that way. My best wishes to you.

Thanks Sofs!

3. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 12 years ago

In case anyone else is wondering, I just found an answer to my above question here:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/79509

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)