jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

unfollow box

1. Gabriel Wilson profile image89
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 5 years ago

I have noticed that at the end of my hubs the usual follow box is now unfollow on all of my hubs. This happened at the same time as I activated the sub domain. Can someone tell me why please. I was aware I would lose tweet and facebook numbers but now where I had say; 15 followers it now says 15 unfollow. I understand people unfollow but this is across over one hundred hubs and the exact same number went to unfollow from follow within a day. Thank you in advance.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Gabriel,

The reason YOU see "unfollow" is because you are now following your own hubs. HP made a ridiculous change in formatting.

Under "my account", "email setting", you now have a box that is checked for you to follow your own hubs, so you will receive emails for those who comment on the hubs.

I saw this same thing. You can click on "unfollow" and stop following your own hubs, and you should still receive emails notifications for comments left on your hubs.

I have unfollowed all my hubs and still get email notifications about comments on my hubs. I found this change to be ridiculous.

Gabriel Wilsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your quick response Cagsil
      I know I sound dim asking this but how do I get rid of it; 15 plus unfollow doesn't look particularly engaging. It looks like everyone got bored and left the building.
      So confusing!

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It only looks that way to YOU, because YOU are following the hub.

If a reader looks at the hub, it will show that 15 people are following the hub.

Gabriel Wilsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I got it now; thank you smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
            Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile

3. Gabriel Wilson profile image89
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 5 years ago

OOOPS... sorry having a G&T; but now I get it. Tanx again; I now have heaps of unfollowing to do; yippee.

working