jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

6 month wait period for Google Adsense?

1. TKs view profile image60
    TKs viewposted 5 years ago

I've seen this question asked before, but not seen an answer that applies to my situation. I'm in the U.S. but have only ever gotten the message that my account must be 6 months old to be allowed to join.  What's up? I joined Hubpages 13 days ago.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is strange.  If you live in India, China, the Phillipines and a few other countries, you do have to wait 6 months.  I've never heard of that restriction applying to someone in the US.

I wonder if Adsense has changed its rules?  The only other thing I can think of, is that perhaps for some weird reason, Google thinks you're in another country!

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

It happens from time to time, usually depends on where you live.

3. TKs view profile image60

. . .And there is no way around that?  Colorado isn't in India or China. Or is it based on the city, county, or perhaps what street I live on? With what criteria am I being found unsuitable or a risk?  I don't mean to sound rude, this issue just seems odd beyond belief.  From what I've seen there are others having the same problem.

4. TKs view profile image60

Thanks Marisa.  Maybe they have me confused with my evil twin.  Or it could be another sign that it's time to move somewhere else.  I guess I'll just wait the 6 months. sad

5. moiragallaga profile image87
    moiragallagaposted 5 years ago

I've got the same problem myself. I've been having "domain ownership" issues with my Adsense application. I've tried the fixes they recommended but nothing happens. I'm suspecting it's now the 6 month waiting period that I need to go through (just joined a little over 3 weeks ago). I'm from the Philippines and it appears that I have to wait 6 months. However, as I read about this issue in the forum and on other hubs it appears that some people in areas supposed to be covered by the 6 month period have been able to get an Adsense application approved within days. Now it appears that Adsense is applying the 6 month period to someone in a country not covered by that policy - TKs view case. What is going on with Adsense? If there is a policy in place, at least let it be consistent and clear. It is getting very frustrating.

Sorry for the rant, but thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. It has helped me put together a picture of what's been going with my Adsense application and the issues I have to deal with in relation to that.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Google and you'll find there are ways to get around the 6 month rule - but it's a very bad idea.  Most people find that Google catches up with them and then denies their account - and then it's even more difficult to get approved again. 

Far better to be patient - even if you have an Adsense account, most people don't earn much in their first 6 months anyway.

6. moiragallaga profile image87
    moiragallagaposted 5 years ago

TK you're right, 6 months is not long. I'll just wait for 6 months. For the meantime, learning few stuff  like what is SEO, backlinks among other things. big_smile

working