jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Individual Hub score

1. tarrka1089 profile image62
    tarrka1089posted 5 years ago

How do you keep this score from going down?  It was climbing into the mid 80s but has been falling today.

Thanks for all input!

1. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi! Welcome to HubPages!  My score seems to always fall on the weekends, particularly over Saturday nights. Then it seems to stay there until things get going again on Monday. This my impressions with no real data to offer. Hope you get some helpful responses smile.

tarrka1089posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Never thought about how the weekend affects it.  Thanks for the insight - greatly appreciated. Have a great Sunday!

2. wheelinallover profile image80
        wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This weekend is the first I remember my score going up. I have gained 3 points since Friday. I don't know for sure but think someone actually reads our forum posts and comments and grades us on them.

One of the things on our walls at least in time is "provides insightful comments"
        Some of my comments and forum post are just short of hub length and cover the subject well.
        I have actually pulled some, added to them and published them as hubs.

I especially liked the forum post about cheap dates, To me the idea of cheap and dates doesn't work well. Never wrote a hub on that but do mention it in passing on one

2. wheelinallover profile image80
      wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hub scores remind me of a yo yo, Never know whether they are going to be up or down. It seems to rely on many factors which only the people who put the program together know about.

My advice is don't worry about the score. Just go to the forums, put comments in anything you read that you have input for.  Then hub hop if you can handle it. You are doing well in the hub writing department that helps with the score also. Just make sure that each hub contains original content. Some of mine require repeating certain things so they can stand alone and this hurts my overall score.

Don't use a spinner no matter what. Google doesn't like spun any more than other hubbers do. Believe me also when I tell you it took me much longer to reach the 82 you are showing today. It was months before I asked a question or posted in a forum and that hurt me. I didn't write many hubs at first either and that hurt me too.

Thanks for the information - yesterday it was at 85 and then starting going down.  The Hub I published last night initially wasn't ranked high, so it took a while today for it to move up there.  Overall, it's just nice sharing information.  Thanks again!

2. Diane Inside profile image84
    Diane Insideposted 5 years ago

I also noticed that my score would always go down soon after I published a new hub or two, then it would go back up, so if you just published anything give it time to see if it improves.

Thanks - didn't think about publishing a Hub temporarily affecting it.  Ah, the numbers we grade ourselves by.

3. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

For a while now I noticed that on weekends especially on Sundays the score seems to drop.Don't know why but I started ignoring it.

For some reason today it was stable. This is what I did today::

Signed in around 6am, replied to comments via email, answered two questions, posted in two forums. NO CHANGE

My notifications came in at around 10am, read all the published hubs, replied to forums I'm following. NO CHANGE

Signed in again, read more hubs, replied to comments, answered one more question, replied to three forum posts.NO CHANGE.

I do this almost every day and my hubberscore keeps changing...I can't figure it out!!!!!

Whenever I publish a new hub my score goes up....strange!

1. giselenmendez profile image60
      giselenmendezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same thing happens to me. It's good to know I'm not the only one!!! smile

working