Google Adsense

1. Mcdream5 profile image59
    Mcdream5posted 5 years ago

I signed up for google adsense on hubpages, got the link from google in my email. I went ahead and then filled out my app with google. I recived an email from google stating they did not approve my app. The reason was "Domain Ownership" the message read quote: Domain ownership: To complete our review of your website, we need to confirm that you have access to the HTML source code of the URL you've submitted or were given access to AdSense via a third-party platform. 

I. If you host your own website or can edit the HTML code, please complete the following steps:

1. Access the HTML source code of
        2. Create a separate page on the site and paste the snippet:

I do not understand what they need me to do to fix the problem and resubmit to be approved. Please help me understand what it is I need to do to get my google adsense account aprove and my program moving along. Thank you!!

1. thooghun profile image87
      thooghunposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a generic response, the bigger issue could be that you don't have enough hubs yet. I took a brief look and while the hubs are substantial and informative, they may not be numerous enough yet for Adsense to consider you a stand-alone publisher. Keep trekking and try again wink

2. Rob Winters profile image79
    Rob Wintersposted 5 years ago

Welcome to hubpages McDream5.

In your case it sounds like you've applied for an adsense a/c using your hubpages profile page url ( therefore you'd have to confirm that you are been given access to adsense via a 3rd party platform (in this case - hubpages is that platform)as oppossed to having your own personal blog or website. When applying this way it is advised you have 10 Hubs or more published and have been an active member for several months at least before approval is likely.

The other and quicker way to get an adsense a/c is to set up your own site or blog and to submit using it's domain name rather than your hubpages profile page url. This could be done in a couple of weeks including the time you'd wait for approval.Choosing this option is were the "Domain ownership: To complete our review of your website, we need to confirm that you have access to the HTML source code of the URL you've submitted" applies - here google are trying to ensure that you do indeed own and thereby have access to your sites html code which you would need to do in order to place adsense ads on your own site manually yourself (which you don't have to do with hubpages).If you had difficulty performing this step then your hosting company would be able to assist or even complete this step for you.The good news is that once you get approval once you will be able to use adsense ads on all your current and future sites and blogs as well as on platforms like hubpages so you only have to worry about this process once.Hope this helps GL.