jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Why doesn't my first hub show up?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

My first hub was about getting over the fear of writing a first hub. Why, when I check out the search on topics for this type of article, doesn't my hub show up? Do I have to earn a higher overall score first or hub score first? Thanks

1. KyleBear profile image61
      KyleBearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Try waiting for 24 hours before the database gets updated.

2. carter06 profile image87
    carter06posted 5 years ago

Hi Victoria, I wrote my first hub around 12 hours ago and it hasn't shown up either. Can someone help with this?
    Cheers
    Mary

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

It takes time for Google to crawl and index your hubs,sometimes it happens within hours sometimes days. You don't have to do anything.. the Google spiders will crawl them soon.

4. Victoria Lynn profile image88

Thanks! I just published it yesterday afternoon. I just searched again and it didn't come up. I'll give it more time. Thanks again.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image88
      Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Now it has been over 48 hours, and I can put the exact title in a search, and it still doesn't show up? Does anybody know it to take THAT many days? I'll check back tomorrow. Thanks.

5. carter06 profile image87

I'm still waiting too for mine to be published, Victoria. Mine haven't showed up on hubpages, but strangely someone has made a comment on one of my articles! I don't know how that works?
    All the best with yours.
    Cheers

6. Victoria Lynn profile image88

Thanks, Carter06. Somehow people are reading mine, because I am tracking how many people have read it. But no comments, unfortunately. And my hub doesn't show up in a search. That's what bothers me. Do I need to do something, or does HP do it automatically. From what sofs says, Google "spiders" will automatically find our hubs after a few days... I guess we just have to be patient. Is this your first hub, too?  --Thanks!

1. carter06 profile image87
      carter06posted 5 years ago in reply to this

No worries, your welcome. Yes it is my first hub even though i joined about 11 months ago. I have been busy working on a novel and doing some other writing jobs.Yep we will have to be patient. It's all good it's just that you feel like you are in the dark when you are new and don't know what's going on. I'm questioning the same as you and i don't know if i need to do anything else either.

7. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

The hub is up, clearly. If you don't want to just wait for google to find it, just go to google and submit the url.

8. Victoria Lynn profile image88

Thanks, Carter06 and psycheskinner. It's true. We newbies just don't know what's going on sometimes, but we're learning! haha

9. carter06 profile image87

Took yr advice psycheskinner and went to google, yes it's up - thanks heaps, good to know you're not alone out there-
    Learning for sure VL, ha!

10. Victoria Lynn profile image88

Thanks, Carter! It's funny. I did the same thing. I can google my article, and it shows up. But I can do an internal search in hubpages, and the search engine doesn't pull it up. That's why I've wondered if there's something I'm not doing right???? Weird! It is neat, though, that a google search with a few key words brings up the hub!

working