Hey guys Need some Opinions!

1. MapleHelpStation profile image60
    MapleHelpStationposted 5 years ago

Hey I've been making guides for an online game called MapleStory for around 7 months on HP now. I've gotten a few comments and feedback but I want to critics opinion. Please go check out my guides and tell me what you think in the comments! Let me know what could improve the quality of them also if you would.

1. kschang profile image93
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was looking over your "noob" guide. I know computer gaming and MMORPG quite well. And I wrote quite a few FAQs, so I think I know a thing or two. smile Here are some comments

1) It's an illustrated guide, but there's only ONE illustration. Eeek!

2) Are you intentionally going for off-grammar style?

"O'k to start off this guide let's get the legal mombo jombo out of the way first. I own all right's to this guide"

It's "OK" or "Okay". It's "mumbo jumbo". And it's "rights".

3) Very few people actually open a hub with copyright notice and whatnot. it's fine for Internet FAQ (like for GameFAQs) but not for hub

4) Your intro guide is a bit weird. Shouldn't you be introducing character creation first, THEN the controls within the game world? I mean, what good would telling the players what the controls are when they don't even have a character yet?

5) You didn't even explain what good are the different character classes, or how to interact with other players!

6) What about equipment? Is there no equipment in MS? How do you get equipment? How does the economy work? Can you trade?

7) Any "world secrets"? Like which areas is newbie friendly? Which areas to avoid?

I'd recommend you pick up a real strategy guide and read it and see how it's organized, and how the intro chapter's laid out.