jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

California Referendum

1. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

Hi,

I suggest that Hubpages emails its members in california, and signs the following referendum.

http://blog.linkshare.com/2011/08/01/wi … -suspended

If you guys want to stay in California you need to be writing to your local political figures, kicking up a fuss, and help make sure that as many california writers in Hubpages as possibel sign this to help turn back the Affiliate nexus tax laws.

2. basaltbezel profile image74
    basaltbezelposted 5 years ago

And since when does Hubpages do what it's members tell it to do? We're just the dumb minions smile

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The point is not that HP should do something; it is that any writers that live in California and thus might have a voice in legislation in that state should complain.

3. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I've never been a fan of companies telling their employees or their customers how to vote or what petition to sign. While I'm sad that this law causes some income losses to Californian HubPages users (I will be a California user soon,) I couldn't support a company asking me to vote a certain way -- even if it were the way I was going to vote in the first place.

1. basaltbezel profile image74
      basaltbezelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You do realize that Hubpages is based in California - this means that if they don't work out a deal with Amazon, they're likely to lose their Amazon affiliate ID.

1. melbel profile image92
        melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I know this. But it's still just HubPages' business. I still stand by the idea that they shouldn't ask their users to support or (not to support) any law.

working