jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Feedback Needed

1. Mr Controversy profile image60
    Mr Controversyposted 8 years ago

Hello everyone, my name is Mr. Controversy.  Yeah, the name is as it suggests.  My primary focus of my hubs is to tackle various topics and what I feel about them.  I'm hoping to get some of you on the bandwagon for a better way of life.  You may not agree with everything that I may write, but I speak from the heart and won't back down from what I believe.  So, if you could please check out http://hubpages.com/hub/Mr-Controversy- … Collect-It and give me some honest feedback I will consider you a saint.  Thanks!

2. guidebaba profile image61
    guidebabaposted 8 years ago

Cool ! Few pictures would have just enhanced.

You Name gives some kind of a feeling...Is that why your sealed your mouth ???

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Honestly - you could do with some more facts to back up your arguments. The link you "almost" added is to an unrelated story.

Side note - to add links to other web pages -in the text box, highlight the words you want to use, click on the icon that looks like a chain link, and add the url you want to link to.

I like a good argument, but the only kind of argument I can see you getting are the "flame" kind you warn your readers not to leave.  This seems almost like a personal rant rather than a well-though-out, researched piece of writing.

If you added some facts and links to research, it might make it into more of an editorial piece instead.

I like to break my stuff up into smaller text boxes with some photos to keep the reader entertained. I imagine you could find some funny ones on this subject smile

4. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

You shouldnt assume that we are all Americans:  I walk a around in shorts in 30C all the time -its quite warm after all.
    And yes Mark-  is right youve just made a set of statements with no facts to back them up.

5. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

I have to agree with Mark on this one as it definitely does not have facts to back an argument. What is the purpose of a comment box? I believed it always was a place to voice your opinion, or express your thoughts? I don't believe that has changed. Mark is a wonderful mentor , you honestly need to learn from him.

6. crazyhorsesghost profile image86
    crazyhorsesghostposted 8 years ago

I posted a comment there with facts that you can find all over the internet. Welfare reform was a great thing but it was administered wrong and it helped to create the fact that tonight  we have 12 million hungry children in the USA. 12 Million children who will go to bed hungry. So when you have that last sandwich or cookie tonight think about that. And you know not once have I heard either of the two presidential candidates mention hungry Americans. Not even Hungry Children.

7. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

Hi Mr. Controversy.

You explode onto the Hubpages stage shouting that you are here to create controversy, and publish a hub demonizing people who receive various types of welfare.

At the bottom, you seem to chicken out saying that you do not want people to debate what you have written.

Good luck with that.

8. 61
    fun2hubposted 8 years ago

Everyone has given nice opinions big_smile

9. Ryan Hupfer profile image80
    Ryan Hupferposted 8 years ago

Great content, although it does seem like more of a personal opinion as opposed to researched facts. Maybe add a few images and some graphs that have some good welfare stats on them. That many words without any type of break is pretty intimidating for most readers and they won't end up making it through the whole thing.