jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

SubDomain Security Question

1. Rafini profile image85
    Rafiniposted 5 years ago

What's up with the security question?  The first thing I'm asked is "What was the telephone number you grew up with".  Well, I'm not about to answer that!  My step-dad still uses that number and would not be very kind to anyone he doesn't know who happens to call.  How do I get a different question??

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If any HP employee actually called that number they would deserve the richest tongue lashing your step-dad could deliver.

There would be absolutely no reason to call it, though.  Very few of us would know who has that number at this time.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Rafiniposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm very very very unwilling to give out that type of personal info.  Maybe I could make one up....(didn't think about that!  lol)

Or maybe not.  It said it was incorrect.  (not a made up number either, just not mine)

If you are answering it that means you have already given it when you set up the security.  You will either have to answer correctly and then re-set to another question or go through HP.

when would I have set it up?  I thought it was something new for the subdomain....

2. Rafini profile image85
    Rafiniposted 5 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I went back & got a different question. big_smile All done!

(thanks Wilderness smile )

I'm not sure I follow just what happened, but you're welcome.  Glad you got it fixed.

(I'm very crabby tonite - but didn't have to deal with the personal phone # question big_smile )

working