jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Why don't...

1. Richieb799 profile image61
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

we see the top banner ad while we are logged in? I know its probably been covered before but I just wondered if it was to allow for us to see our control panel or is it a HP ad?

1. profile image0
      Suramya.Kposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have not seen any banner ads in any of my hubs when I am logged in. I see only some buttons to edit and see stats of our hubs.

Are you talking about your own hubs or others'?

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

You must be talking about your own hubs. I'm on the HP ad program, and I can tell you that I don't get them on my own hubs when I'm logged in. But other people can see them. It is, as you wonder, because we have a control panel for editing, stats, etc

3. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Richie,

There is a specific reason for you not seeing the banner ad that comes from the HP Ads program and that reason would be, because it is solely an impression based paying ad.

Too many people would be able to drive up their earnings, while logged into their account. It was made invisible for that specific reason, while you are logged in. smile

4. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

Hi, Cagsil.
    I've always thought it was because that was where  out contral pad was. I must not understand what an impression is, then. If you are on the HP ad program,  I though that  there were ads from both programs beyond  that ad at the top. Besides, can't the HP Ad program tell waht your IP address is? Otherwise, you could just  go to your hubs several times a day  without  logging in and the result would be the same-illegally bumping up  your earnings.

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Flora,

HP can track if the hubbers are abusing the system, whether logged in or not. Since most hubbers spend more time logged in than not logged it, it isn't available to be viewed.

The banner ad is solely an impression based paying ad. And, yes, other ads are on the page, but you can see all of them when logged in, except for that one.

I am not part of the HP Ad Program, because it's not beneficial for those who don't have heavy traffic. It brings down Google Adsense, because there are fewer Adsense ads on the page vs others. Since my traffic isn't high enough, I have turned off HP Ads Program.

But, that's my understanding of the banner ad. If you logged out of your account an attempt to manipulate the system, HP will know it and then will take action.

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
        FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for clearing that up smile

You're welcome. smile

5. Richieb799 profile image61

Hi guys, sorry I didn't construction this post very well. I understand why we cannot see it while we are logged in. I didn't mean to include that in my post.

THe question I meant to ask was, I remember someone saying that some ads are purely for HP ads and I think the banner ad is fairly new isn't it?  and I was looking at my best performing hub and thought it seemed a little ad short. However, if all 3 ad spots are displaying Adsense then I am happy, I opted out of HP ads after week of testing them so mine should be all Adsense ads right?

Sorry, I was feeling a little bit dozy and bogged down with work when I posted this question, I was letting it get buried lol

No. It's been part of the HP Ad Program from the beginning.
      If you actually think that, then I would suggest you find the post inside the Learning Center about the Ad placement, either with or without, the HP Ad Program being active.
      Only on your 60% of the impressions.

6. Richieb799 profile image61

No I don't think its short anymore. I know 40% goes to Hubpages, thats why I'm trying to rank my own sites on page 1, I was only page one for a 27K a month search, but guess what? somebody with a hub has overtook me the last few days and my site is now top of page 2 lol

working