Got a coupl'a questions about symbols - and how to resp whn applcbl.

1. stanwshura profile image68
    stanwshuraposted 5 years ago

So, I'm actually scanning the screen trying to actually notice more than just the things I commonly use, you know "start a new hub", "account", "profile", "signout" and I saw a table (more like a potpouri!) of symbols and their meaning/purpose.

When/how/what MISTAKE did I make such that one (and only one!) hub of mine has that $ with a line through it - indicating it gets no ads/earns no money, et cetera?

And just out of curiosity - what kind of hub/hubber/conduct/plagiarism?! earns the black-backgrounded "irrevocable" status?

Thanks for any help, folks.

1. Howard S. profile image86
      Howard S.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good for you that you're exploring the site controls! More folks should do that.

The hub that has a bar-$ by it--only visible to you, so I don't know which one--violated some policy of the advertisers. See the FAQ topic

I'm not sure the irrevocable status is currently used. If you appeal a hub judgement too many times without making enough progress, then you're just wasting their time and they don't want to hear about it again. There may be an FAQ about it, but that's the basic idea. You done really bad, Dude!

1. stanwshura profile image68
        stanwshuraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for resonding, Howard.  Yeesh - I'd already gotten past the "when the hell is somebody gonna answer my question stage?" to "oh, well - maybe I'll ask again later, or email an admin" to "Howard S. has answered a question you're following..."wait that "coup'la" looks familiar - OH YEAH!  I forgot I asked that!"  wink

So, thank you for your advice and for the attaboy smile

Oh - and my inquiry as the "irrevocable" symbol *was* purely hypothetical.   Honest!   ......What?... hee hee