Is anyone earning $50 every day from the Hubpages ad program

Jump to Last Post 51-80 of 80 discussions (221 posts)
  1. carolyn a. ridge profile image60
    carolyn a. ridgeposted 12 years ago

I'm so new; I didn't know that you could ask followers!  But I wouldn't want to do it, anwyay;  you gotta give credit where credit is due.

1. maddot profile image66
      maddotposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are so many hubbers and so much out there on the internet that even if you are brilliant you may never be found.
      In my local supermarket when there is a new product for sale or even an old one that people have forgotten about, they hand out samples so you can try..asking people to have a look at your hub is like asking them to sample your wares...if they don't like it they won't come back, but if they don't know it's there..then it isn't there!

2. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

Unless it just hasn't been activated, the biggest hub earner in the "success stories" earns $1200 per day, which comes to about 40 bucks per day. Is that stil right? I'm just excited to have earned more than a dollar in my first week that my hubads were activated. So, new hubbers--take heart! Write, read, research how to do well, read other hubs and respond.... Just work on it, and I'm hoping it will continue to come for all of us who keep working on it!

carolyn a. ridgeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the encouragement; I need all that I can get!  I would just love to make even one dollar -- that would be my inspirtion to make two dollars, etc. etc. etc.  Well, Happy Hubbing!

1. maddot profile image66

Just read your hubs..now following you!

3. iviskei profile image70
    iviskeiposted 12 years ago

I'm up to 4 cents! But I am also a noob still. Either way, I'm sure there are people who make that much...maybe not everyday, but at least every month. Just got to keep at it! Good luck to everyone who hasn't hit this mark yet!

4. alphagirl profile image76
    alphagirlposted 12 years ago

I have read so much on how to make money, but can someone who is great at this give a written example. No one out there actually shows you through written examples. This as a hubber is frustrating. So far made ,02 cents hardly enough for a cup of coffee.I suppose if it were easy everyone would be hubbing. Is this the 80/20 rule? Only 20 percent really make money?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Alphagirl, you've been here 5 days - you're lucky to have earned anything at all!

Writing online is a long term investment.  My best earning Hub has earned me over $300, but it didn't earn a cent for its first three months or so.

Making money online takes just as much hard work as a job out in the real world.  For the first couple of years, unless you're a very quick study, you'll earn less than you would cleaning toilets.  After that, if you've studied and worked hard, you could start earning real money and ultimately be able to work fewer hours.

You should be prepared to do more reading than writing at first!

2. maddot profile image66

Yes alphagirl it is very frustrating that no one is giving a step by step instructions on what we have to do to make the $$ by writing on-line.
      I have found someone  in my local area  who is a Google partner and is able to instruct on how  to do all those things that the articles say to have a successful blog. It will cost  (not much) so I am doing my own research before booking time with this guy so I know exactly what I want him to show me.  Google your local area for "Google Partner" you may be able to crack the code with their help. Good Luck!
      Check you

3. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You should start with the HP learning centre. You wouldn't have to pay a dime, and you'll learn A LOT. smile

Devote a week or two. Do absolutely nothing but read, read, read. If you are a fast learner, you'll grasp a lot in no time. Then take it from there.

If i had known about the learning centre when i started, i'd probably be earning double what i am, today.

PS: Only those who persevere make money here.

4. alphagirl profile image76
      alphagirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

your are right about the investment of time. I came in as a hobbyist and now I am addicted to HP. I love the feedback. I thinks this a is great place whethe you earn or not. I have known that it takes several years of blood and sweat.
      Much of which you just write because you like to anyways. As far as reading...I did go to the learning center. I guess I am doing ok if I earned .02 cents first time out in a short time. Thanks for your insight. It is appreciated.

5. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Are the earning figures displayed on the front page (when you come to the site without being logged in) still relevant?

As they (front page earning figures) were put there before the Panda - kicked in for the first time. I am curious about this and this $50 dollars a day and the response have rekindled my thoughts on this.

Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking that myself - I don't think the featured writers or the captions have changed for a long time.

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To 2uesday and Marisa,

It hasn't changed for a very long time, and its been that way since before any Google Panda updates.

I know both Habee and others from the front page have stated they earn whats listed there, they have confirmed it in the forums.

But thats not to say it hasn't gone up or down since then.......

1. basaltbezel profile image58
        basaltbezelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I remember seeing at least two people who have earnings listed on the front page mention they no longer saw the figures as accurate - one person was seriously considering asking for the information to be removed, but don't know what happened there.

3. profile image0
      Marye Audetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My earnings dropped significantly after the Panda update but since the subdomain change the figures are back up to about the same amounts as listed for me..

6. alphagirl profile image76

I think this is why marketing is so hard. Its an unproven science as to what makes a person buy or click on an ad. What compels them as well as how hard it is using the right words, long tails, key words. Things change so much and so fast. Maybe there should be a mentorship online where, based on how long you have been hubbing, someone teaches you the ropes.

In martial arts only the secrets are passed on to the most dedicated. All the info out there says the same thing.

And like anything else, only some of us will make a living at this. I for one would love it . I like the benefits of bubbing from any location. I wish us all luck and if anyone agrees with my idea of mentorship for hubbers...

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There was brilliant mentorship of hubbers here on HP, and it came from other hubbers, but most of them left after Panda.

However, all their pearls of wisdom are still on the forums, you just need to search.

1. alphagirl profile image76

thanks

7. profile image0
    adeaugustusposted 12 years ago

I would be so much happy, to have the hubads set up, but no i can't. Because you have to get a paypal account first, before the hubads program. Nigeria has been kicked out since God knows. But making some cents with the ads program means making some naira to me, what i mean is that a dollar is equivalent to 150 naira. So no matter how small the money i make per day, i will still be happy, not only because it is tax free, but also because it will become huge when changed to naira. And to does making something close to $50 per day. I'll advice you to work for a year on hubpages and relocate to Nigeria, the cost of living is very low, your 50 bucks can feed you for a month! Happy hubbing it has been a whole lot of fun here.

8. maddot profile image66
    maddotposted 12 years ago

The mystery of how to make $50 a day may have been revealed..we just weren't looking hard enough.
    I just found a Hubber who joined Hubpages 23 months ago..has written only one Hub but has 23 followers!

The Hubber's name is: Filipino girls

and the title of his Hub is: 10 Mistakes You Probably Make With Women
    He has girlie pics on his hub!

He probably get so many hits on this one hub he's been able to retire!

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I doubt it. He's only listed as having 1000 views, but of course this just means less than 10,000 views.

Tried looking up iphone5?

How about having more than 1 million views in 7 months. With only one hub that has been backlinked to death.

If I remember right, most of those million views came within 6 weeks, but don't quote me.

2. alphagirl profile image76

That is pathetic! I call that exploitation and any hunger who uses the hubs like that should not be hubbing here!

carolyn a. ridgeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Did this person break some "Hubber" rule; what's going on?  I'm still new, and trying to learn?  Did he use inappropriate comments or pictures?  I don't know.

9. EuroCafeAuLait profile image80
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 12 years ago

To tell you all the truth, living here overseas, if i was to get $500 a month (ten fifty dollar days - ho ho) from Hubpages, that would be more than my "normal" paycheck!  What a sweet dream!  I commented on a forum that I was only making 15 - 20 cents a month, and was told to post to more forums (Stumble Upon, reddit, Digg, etc.)  Just heard of a few more - She Told me, for example.  Today is the 17th and I'm already at 32 cents - double where I was last month!  LOL.  But money is seriously not everything.

1. TMApsey profile image78
      TMApseyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good advice! I link my hubs on 5 other sites, a lot of extra work, but it brings me more traffic!!!!

10. carolyn a. ridge profile image60

Since I'm new to the game, I just read the remarks and try to get an understanding of what's going on.  Some remarks make me feel encouraged; other remarks make me ask myself, "Why are you doing this?"  But, I like to write, so if my writing generates income or not, it still feels good to have your material published!  But yes, I would consider myself rich at $50 per month.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Carolyn, What needs to be taken into consideration is that this is residual money. What you are making a month now could continue for the rest of your life, if Hubpages is around that long.  Hubs really do rank better as they age too.

11. Sunnyglitter profile image83
    Sunnyglitterposted 12 years ago

Just figured I'd let everyone know that I just hit the $50 mark yesterday.  It took me 3 or 4 months, but it can be done.  I don't have a lot of hubs, but some people have well over 1000.  I think if I had more, I'd make a lot more from HubPages each month.  You get back whatever you put in - even if it takes awhile.

12. carolyn a. ridge profile image60

Wow, I think that I'm a believer again!  Congratulations!  Keep up the good work, and have a Happy Friday !!

1. Sunnyglitter profile image83
      Sunnyglitterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  I should clarify that I meant $50 total though, not $50 in a day lol.  But still, some people believe that payout isn't even possible, so I figured I'd share.

13. Ddraigcoch profile image72
    Ddraigcochposted 12 years ago

$50 a week would do me. I currently have $2. If someone tells you they earn $50 a day, it will not be solely through Hubpages. Maybe through their total online activity.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are doing well! I haven't managed $5 in a month yet. The more traffic I get, the lower proportion of views are recognised as impressions and the less I get paid per impression by Hub Ads. It's not exactly inspiring me to write anything more.

Added note:
      50% more impressions recorded yesterday than over the previous three days, but approx. 5% lower earnings!

I think HP Ads is a scam.

14. Susan Ng profile image83
    Susan Ngposted 12 years ago

I'm very happy with the HubPages Ad Program. I'm earning more from it now than with Adsense before. smile

15. David 470 profile image82
    David 470posted 12 years ago

Since my rise in traffic yesterday, I see a LOT of potential for this site now. I have red flags all over the place and there was a delay of income yesterday, but I checked today, and I have confirmed that the increase in traffic resulted in a significant income increase. smile

I would not be surprised if some of the most successful hubbes who make 20-30 dollars are day are up past 50 dollars now if they were affected by the massive traffic increase yesterday.

However, this is only my assumption according to current traffic trends. I made about 6 times as much money yesterday than I normally do.

I'm so excited I can not write, but need to take advantage of this, I would be a fool not too.

Ryankett's latest hub about Amazon also makes a valid point. I advise anyone to check his hub out.

1. profile image0
      Marye Audetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

David... I was above that number. The traffic increase is amazing..I hope it continues!

1. David 470 profile image82
        David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me too!! My assumption was correct! smile

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
          LeslieAdrienneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is soooo wonderful..... big_smile

16. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

Not much different in mine, but may be because I dont' have a lot of hubs yet, and I haven't figured out all that SEO stuff. The traffic thing is still a mystery to me. I'm learning a little at a time.... I can't imagine making more than 10 cents a day! haha

The way things are increasing you'll be seeing much more than that very, very soon.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
        Victoria Lynnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hope so....

17. Nordichuks profile image60
    Nordichuksposted 12 years ago

If you work hard and post quality content you may near that with $1.5 everyday.

18. carolyn a. ridge profile image60

Okay, I did not get the memo. What traffic increase? What caused the increase Why now?

19. Laura Marie profile image60
    Laura Marieposted 12 years ago

So pleased got over $5 in Hubpages ad earnings yesterday for the first time ever!! Lets hope it happens more often smile

Congratulations... God Bless You  big_smile

20. David 470 profile image82
    David 470posted 12 years ago

I made 19 dollars with some cents yesterday.

big_smile

1. Laura Marie profile image60
      Laura Marieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jealous.com!! Only joking, well done!! Hope it keeps improving for you big_smile I am not surprised though cos you have some fabulous hubs

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

Wonderful... keep up the good work

21. Kevin Peter profile image60
    Kevin Peterposted 12 years ago

my earning reached 50 $ from hubpage ads but i'm not satisfied ...

?

22. zulymitchell profile image61
    zulymitchellposted 12 years ago

I am new to hubpages so I dont think I have any followers yet and I have not made any money so far,but I would love to. I wish that I had followers, but I dont. We will see how things go.

I made 10 cents yesterday. haha. I only have 25 hubs, though, and half of them are poetry. I'm still learning. I would love to make $5 in one day! I am closing in on 3 bucks at the end of my first month of active hubbing. Why isn't Kevin Peter satified at $50????

*satisfied, that is....

2. Sunnyglitter profile image83
        Sunnyglitterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can understand why he isn't satisfied.  I don't spend a lot of time on my hubs at the moment, but I'm no stranger to residual income.  There was a time when anything less than $5 a day (from all my sites, not just HubPages) really upset me.  My point is that we all have different goals, and some of us spend hours promoting our hubs.  I don't know if Kevin is one of those guys, but if he's spending hours backlinking his work, $50 a day may not feel like enough.

1. Kevin Peter profile image60
          Kevin Peterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry ..it is 50 $ per month not day ...I earns nearly 1.5 $ per day .I have nearly 190+ hubs and i,m not doing any promotion and seo works for my hubs.

i'm expecting minimum 100$ per month

Oh!!

23. alphagirl profile image76

My first day out I made 8¢, LOL! Now I am at .33¢. I read the hubs about backlinks etc...but I have not had much success.
    I copy the traffic link and send it off to people. I don't want to post on face book because I can't edit things there and they own what we post. Blogging to make any money is not simple. It is work.But it is fun!

It took some of us months to make any money at all. You are really on a role if day #1 got you any money at all... I look forward to hearing your success.. it is inevitable big_smile

1. alphagirl profile image76

leslieAdrienne,thanks for vote of confidence. Only time will tell and patience to see this through. Things change so rapidly on the internet too

1. Rosie2010 profile image66
          Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

alphagirl, you are doing well.  I made 14cents on my first month.  Seriously!  But I was ecstatic.  Welcome to Hubpages and I wish you all the best.   smile

24. Nordichuks profile image60
    Nordichuksposted 12 years ago

Post hub daily to get it

1. EuroCafeAuLait profile image80
      EuroCafeAuLaitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean - write a new hub each day, or publicize it each day?

2. David 470 profile image82

Posting a hub or more a day will help, but if that hub gets no searches, nothing will happen.

But consistency is good though, assuming the hub succeeds.

25. IsadoraPandora profile image80
    IsadoraPandoraposted 12 years ago

I've hit my payout. Almost hit it this month, too. Earnings are going up for me. Hope they keep rising!

26. LauraMarie LM profile image41
    LauraMarie LMposted 9 years ago

I wonder are there still people who make 50 bucks daily from it.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Laura - reactivating threads this old can be a problem - people don't realize this is very (VERY) outdated information. Perhaps you can start another thread and ask for an official (and updated) response on this. But since earnings are confidential, that may not be something they'll share, other than maybe generalities.

It's against the site's TOS for us to personally reveal our earnings, although I know there are some threads that go into that.  I don't know how long you've been on the site, but three years ago (this thread is that age) the site still advertised some very healthy earnings from longtime writers here.  Panda and Penguin hit sites like HubPages very hard, so times have changed.

1. LauraMarie LM profile image41
        LauraMarie LMposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Marcy

Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Marcy is right.  At the time this thread was active, we were allowed to discuss our earnings openly.  Now, we're not allowed to do that. 

I think you can safely assume that's because earnings are nowhere near what they used to be.

2. mary615 profile image83
        mary615posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I kind of enjoy reading these old forum threads and the comments that were made.  It's fun to see how many names I recognize that are still active writers here.

1. NateB11 profile image89
          NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I like reading these old threads too. It's fascinating. Sometimes I check out the older threads that are linked at the bottom of the forum: Just to see who was around, what the thinking was like back then and what was happening.

27. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 9 years ago

I will say I do very well around Christmas time and January into February then my traffic dwindles...

28. amuno profile image89
    amunoposted 9 years ago

You are right Mary. Going through a thread that is 3 years, old brings the memories back. Was a newbie here and earnings seemed hefty for those that were active. Earnings have gone down since then.

1. mary615 profile image83
      mary615posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I was a newbie 3 years ago, too!

29. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years ago

Reading an old thread is different from resurrecting it - this one is very outdated and can confuse members here who don't see the original date, or aren't aware of the changes in the past three years (I have been here more than three years, too).

30. paradigm search profile image53
    paradigm searchposted 9 years ago

"Is anyone earning $50 every day from the Hubpages ad program?"

Not since I stopped sending them donuts.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)