Survey About "Made in USA"

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image89
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

1. As a consumer do you conciously care if a brand of clothing is "Made in the USA"?

2.Would you "not" but a shirt, or dress or Tshirt etc if it was "Made in Wherever"?

3. Would you expect to may more if it was made in the USA?

4.Would you pay more for Made in the USA?

Thank you for your feedback.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1. As a consumer do you conciously care if a brand of clothing is "Made in the USA"?

No.  But then, like many people in the internet, I am not American.

2.Would you "not" but a shirt, or dress or Tshirt etc if it was "Made in Wherever"?

No, unless I know the company did something I oppose (like sweatshop labor).

3. Would you expect to may more if it was made in the USA?

No. Some places are generally cheaper, some are more expensive. Price point isn't a huge driver for me anyway.

4.Would you pay more for Made in the USA?

No.  But there are US companies I will pay more for due to their practices (e.g. organic, sustainable).

2. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 5 years ago

Well, if you have the choice to buy American, and you are patriotic, then you should do so.  At least if it is made in the USA, it won't be the product of child labour.  I would buy something made in the UK, but have not seen anything which has been made in the UK for a number of years.  Britain used to make lots of things, even motor cars, but they are all foreign companies now, like Rolls Royce and Jaguar.  Even the biggest employer local to me - Cadbury's chocolate is now an American company.  So, there really isn't the choice to buy British.  If it is still possible to buy American, then I think you really should do so.

working