Amazon and Hubpages

1. Trinity M profile image90
    Trinity Mposted 5 years ago

Hi everyone,

I’m totally new to Hub pages and I have a question regarding Amazon; I can’t seem to find the answer I’m looking for in any of the help sections.

Can someone tell me how Amazon knows that the referrals from my hubs are from me? I have linked my hubpages profile to my Amazon account, but as far as I know, shouldn’t your personal Amazon code be present on each product you promote?

When I create an Amazon capsule it asks me for and ISBN or a URL and Amazon only provides HTML. Can someone please clarify this for me?

Thanks to all your wonderful Hubbers in advance for the help.

1. austere125rivers profile image60
      austere125riversposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Earning money through amazon is very rare, Amazon site knows from where come their referred customers.
      They should buy from them after visiting your site after may be 24h or so.
      If the consumer returns the merchandise even after 1 month, amazon won't pay you.

2. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

If you have put your Amazon account number in the affiliate page of your HubPages account, then your code will show 60% of the time and HP's 40% (although I'm not sure how that is working now that Amazon have dumped all associates in California) when you add an Amazon capsule to your hub.

All you need to do in an Amazon capsule is use keywords to select products, or select your own by pasting in the url