jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

1 hub or 2 etc.?

1. Rob Winters profile image76
    Rob Wintersposted 5 years ago

Working on a new hub but undecided as to whether i should go for 1 long hub of approx 3000 words (poss more) or 2 or 3 smaller related hubs.

3 Options i'm considering:

1 Big Hub

(3 Part Series)     
    Hub 1 might be a What is a (topic)type hub - detailing a concept
    Hub 2 might be a hub detailing benefits and types of(topic)   with
    Hub 3 being a 'how to'or 'set up' type hub

or perhaps Hub 1 & Hub 2 (combining hub 2 & hub 3 above).

Other Info:I've just turned on hubpages ads program this month so perhaps more hubs would be better?

Appreciate any advice and pros/cons from any who have experienced or experimented with this.

Interested in making the most effective use of time and hubs from a traffic point of view but also a digestibility(of the material) perspective,if that makes sense. When i was starting this topic i had a single hub in mind but am now veering more towards a 2 or 3 hub series.

2. 0
    Sherlock221bposted 5 years ago

It is down to personal taste.  Peronally, if a hub is too long, I rarely read it, but I am just lazy.  If it was broken up into smaller sections, I would be more likely to read the first hub one day, then another the day after.  As long as it you make it clear in the first hub, that it is part of a series.

3. calpol25 profile image75
    calpol25posted 5 years ago

Personally I always break mine up to become 1 or 2 hubs because like sherlock says if its too long people will not read it and it would be a shame.. But it is up to you at the end of the day..

4. Rob Winters profile image76

Thanks Sherlock & Calpol - i'm incline to aggree,

Would you put Part 1/Part 2 etc in the URL's as well as in the hub titles or neither but just indicate at the beginning or end of hub that other related hubs exist/will follow.

Not sure how having Part 1/2 etc in the url's looks from seo perspective or indeed for seo in rel to titles.

1. calpol25 profile image75
      calpol25posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You could do that but what I tend to do is usually write the same title for the second one and add "(Continued) " next to it in the url instead a lot easier.... but again its all about you and what you feel is best for your hub. smile

5. Rob Winters profile image76

Thanks for the additional advice calpol - more for me to consider :-)

6. calpol25 profile image75
    calpol25posted 5 years ago

Your welcome Rob good luck with your hubs, if there you got any questions feel free to ask me. Okay :-)

7. Rob Winters profile image76

Cheers Calpol,appreciated.

8. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

Come up with a case scenario for your hub(s). (Don't actually respond with your answers to the following questions -- it's just food for thought.)

--If it's one big hub --
    What will you title it?
    How many people search for that particular keyword per month?
    Write these answers on a piece of paper.

-- If it's three hubs --
    What will you title each one?
    How many people search for each keyword/title?

Add up your numbers, which has more searches the three put together or the one alone?

Think about it like this: If it's one big hub and it succeeds, that's great. If it fails, it fails.

If it's three, more niche, long-tail hubs you have a higher chance of succeeding with each keyword than a broad topic. If two fail, they fail -- no traffic... but if one succeeds, then it's a success, right?

--Learning Center Articles of Interest--
    Coming up with a title:

Why you should write multiple hubs, vs one:

Why a specific keyword is better than a broad one:
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/long … ch-traffic

And, of course, keyword research:

9. Rob Winters profile image76

Thank you very much for your insights and the links melbel. Good advice, much appreciated. Back to Googles Keyword Tool with me :-)