Hub Capsule Edits

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

I originally posted this under an existing thread of mine on this same forum, as a continuation, but it got no replies.  As I was in a hurry then, I ignored the problem, and went another route.  However, my question still exists:

I accidentally chose "cut" before I chose "copy" for a block of text I wanted to move.  I then saved that capsule.

When I realized what I had done, and wanted to restore the text, I saw the "recover draft" option.

HOWEVER, I do not know, and it was not clear...will that re-set the entire hub article, and lose my other edits in other capsules, or does it apply only to the capsule currently in edit?

2. Danette Watt profile image88
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

Hi DzyMsLizzy - I know it's been a while since you asked this question and you may have found your answer but shortly after you posted it, I had a similar experience. When I hit the "recover draft" option, I had several times to choose from. My guess is that our text is periodically saved.

Anyway, I chose one and it reverted to just that text capsule.

do you write directly into the capsule? I always write in word then copy into the capsule. That way, I can revise and edit, make my subheads, pick my photos, etc, before working on the actual hub.

It's just an easier way for me to manage writing them and may not work for everyone.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
      DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks much, Danette--
        Actually, I had not found the answer, so thank you.  At the time, I simply used a different method to get around the issue...namely, reconstructing the paragraph from memory. LOL
         As far as how/where I write, I suppose it depends upon my mood, and what I am writing.  I have done it both ways.  Usually, if I'm writing something I know about off the top of my head, I write directly into the capusle; if I'm dealing with a topic requiring research, I'll write in Word first.  wink