jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Where is my hub?

1. Apollos Crow profile image80
    Apollos Crowposted 5 years ago

Apologies if this question has already been addressed elsewhere, but I could not find the information I'm looking for.

I wrote and published my first hub today, but it does not seem to be present anywhere on HubPages.  I tried looking at the "latest hubs" and I tried searching for the title, to no avail.  Is there a certain amount of time that it takes for the hub to actually appear on the site, or am I doing something wrong?  Thanks for any help you can offer.

1. Jlbowden profile image78
      Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello Apollos:

The Learning center and FAQ's section of Hubpages is an excellent source for answering some questions related to your issue. However if you started a new hub, under the start a new hub tab-than you should be able to view it. After you saved your article, under save unpublished-take a look under your accounts summary tab. There highlighted in pink you should see this article. Once you publish this article, it will than appear in light blue. Hopefully I have helped you resolve this problem and welcome and good luck to you on Hubpages.

Apollos Crowposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate the help, but I've scoured the Learning Center and other help resources, and I am not sure that it is an issue on my end.  The hub is published, it says so in my account and in my profile, anyone can read it, but they won't be able to FIND it.  Even if I search the site with the exact title of my hub, it doesn't exist.  I'm going to take Randy's advice (below) and wait it out for the day.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ideally you want people to find your hub through Google. Either way it takes time.

2. Haunty profile image85
          Hauntyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your hub is published alright and visible to all. Google might pick it up any time. But your hub has to be indexed by HubPages, before it shows up in the HP search. I'm guessing it might take 2-3 hours depending on how often that script is run.

2. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

I can see your hub on your profile page and view it so it is published. Not sure why it is not appearing in latest hubs yet, though.

Yea, it's frustrating.  Took me all morning to write, and I'd like to actually SEE it on here so I can feel that I'm done.  Hm..

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
        Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There seems to be atime lag on the latest hubs function.  It always takes mine a while to show up there too.  smile

Welcome to HubPages, by the way.  smile

Thanks for the welcome smile

How long of a lag?  And if such is the case, they should probably make that information more noticeable, for bumbling newbies like myself!

Anyway thanks for the reply.  Guess I'll check it tomorrow.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

People don't find your hub through those gimmicks. people here find it by hub-hopping and everyone else through search engines.