jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Does traffic tend to grow or decrease with time?

1. 62
    TheCynicalCitizenposted 8 years ago

Do hubs receive more traffic when they are old or does traffic tend to decline? Or perhaps it is always more or less the same?

2. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 8 years ago

From my short experience, the main tendency is to decreas, unless you have a really great hub that will be hot for weeks-

3. Hery Yansen profile image61
    Hery Yansenposted 8 years ago

It all depends on what you write on the hubs. If you write good stuff, usually the traffic will be more stable rather than you just write a junk hubs.

4. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 8 years ago

Initial traffic from Hubpages tends to decline unless you keep editing the hub.  However, traffic increases once the search engines find your hub.  Some of my hubs have suddenly picked up more traffic after some months when search engine adjustments are made.  My experience is unless the content is time-limited (eg Christmas article) then both Hub score and traffic remains fairly constant (But I've only been Hubbing for less than a year).

5. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I'd say the HP traffic decreases but my outside traffic has increased (but that's on average and not per hub). But in a way, it kind of depends on your topic and the time of year. For example, a Halloween hub will probably do great throughout the month of October, and then die off the rest of the year.

6. caspar profile image83
    casparposted 8 years ago

I agree with Whitney on the whole.  Most of my hubs get a flurry of traffic when they are new, mostly from Hubpages, then the traffic drops and stays steady for a while, then slowly builds and increases with search engine traffic.  Sometimes there is a sudden surge of traffic which comes from nowhere (well, usually it comes from Stumbleupon!)

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's my experience, too.  Because I haven't written any new Hubs for a while, I now get over 90% of my traffic from search engines.   Some of my Hubs aren't getting any traffic but my popular ones are getting a steady stream.

7. charlemont profile image84
    charlemontposted 8 years ago

I think it all depends on 2 factors:
    1. SE traffic. If the hub is not season-oriented or time-specific, the traffic will stay more or less equal.
    2. SEO optimization. Keyword density, inbound backlinks always play important role.

1. broalexdotinfo profile image60
      broalexdotinfoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You got that right, I was just about to say that sad
      HP always seems to decrease, and the outside traffic all depends on how well you promote your articles by all means.

Alex smile

8. Dorsi profile image89
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

It depends on what you write about. One of my hubs about my dog getting skunked gets daily traffic, consistently. Apparently there are alot of peoples dogs getting skunked out there, lol,,,,
    Some of my other more controversial hubs are hot for awhile then die out as the subject matter fades from the publics interest. Other hubs like renting out a room and craigslisting seem to go up and down.
    I try to go in and update my hubs once in awhile too, check the key words, use the new key word  tool, make sure I've got them linked well.