jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Nervous....but PR 1 AND 2

1. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I downloaded the SEO Quake from Mozilla. While making comments on some of my hubs I noticed PR 2 for 4 of them and just a while ago I noticed PR 1 for 1.......are those good?

1. thooghun profile image86
      thooghunposted 5 years ago in reply to this

PR is not necessarily an indication of traffic, worth or profit. But they are a decent guesstimate as to how authoritative Google finds those pages. Generally speaking a well written, informative hub will gravitate towards a PR 2-4. So yes, in a rough way, it's a good sign.

Having said that, it is an almost worthless standalone measure since PR is passed throughout the site and is dependent on the quality of the site overall as well. If you had written those self-same hubs on a new blog they would have different values.

1. shazwellyn profile image84
        shazwellynposted 5 years ago in reply to this

PR used to be great indications, but times have changed.

Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bummer!  sad

I was hoping that it would mean that I would be getting more Google traffic. tongue

2. Hollie Thomas profile image62
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

Like yourself Cardisa, I wanted to understand this PR thing more. So I started reading up on this and discovered that in addition to the number of backlinks your hubs have, the amount of pages you have written can also help raise your PR. Therefore, I need to get writing more hubs very quickly. smile

Thanks for that Hollie, I like seeing the page ranks 1 and 2 for my hubs though, even though I have been told that means nothing.

1. thooghun profile image86

It does mean something, in the sense that you know you are ranked, indexed and have been given the nod by Google. It's certainly not bad tongue

Thanks Thooghun, I feel much better   smile

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

PR is a rough indication of how high in google searches your pages are. It ranges from 0 (worst) to 10 (best) and is based on how many highly ranked sites link to you.

An there I thought 1 was best and so on.....sad

2. thooghun profile image86

Links are important, quality over volume certainly. But Google has admitted to using over 200 different variables when computing PR. Having a million links pointing to a single paragraph hub filled with rubbish won't result in high PR. tongue

I prefer MozRank, I find it to be more accurate overall.

working