jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

What is the difference between Hub ads and Google ads?

1. redwards01 profile image80
    redwards01posted 5 years ago

This question may sound a bit silly, I do know the what both are, but I've been hearing talk about switching between the two. People have been talking about viewing their adsense stats on Google, however, my impressions from HubPages do not show on Google. Please explain it all:
    How you switch
    Differences in revenue
    All of that sort of stuff.

1. shimmering Dawn profile image84
      shimmering Dawnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey you may want to go to the FAQ section and read up some stuff.. here you can start with this link.. http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-description
      It may be easier for all if you read up the available info and then ask specific question.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you sure you know the difference? The HP Ads program is run by HubPages.  "Google ads" are Adsense, and that is run by Google.

You can see your clicks and revenue from Adsense on your Adsense account, and on Google Analytics if you've linked it to your Adsense account.

Remember that your ads don't show 100% of the time, so the stats on HubPages and Adsense won't match.

3. Deni Edwards profile image92
      Deni Edwardsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Google Adsense will pay you by both impressions (small amount) and when someone clicks an ad. 

HubPages pays on impressions only.  Sometimes, HubPages will display Google ads, too--but if a click is made--you won't see the click--only be credited for the impression.

4. redwards01 profile image80
      redwards01posted 5 years ago in reply to this

From my understanding hubpages will pay the same as google.  The only difference is that hubpages displays your ad 60% percent of the time and theirs 40%. Hubpages are still using Google ads but filtered through their ad program. When using adsense, you are paid for clicks and sometimes impressions if you get a lot.

2. austere125rivers profile image60
    austere125riversposted 5 years ago

It depends on what aspect are you willing to compare the two?
    In terms of earning, Hub adds are calculated  on how many people see and read your article, this he fairest way I have even seen. And hub adds are the most generous.
    Add-sense are chancy things, if someone clicks you get some 50 cents, if not, you ll get nothing.
    My advice, never click on your own Add-sense adds or you will lose your account for ever.
    What about Amazon? It is simply a very chancy joke, you' ll get 10 dollars in 5 years if ever you are lucky.